Music, Film, TV & BooksOn Cinema at the Cinema

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Continuing my tradition of being late to things, I've just started watching this.

And it's fucking sublime. A youtube comment described it as "like purgatory" and that's absolutely bang on.

It's a spoof movie review show with two incompetent hosts with absolutely no chemistry whatsoever. It's all played very straight and dry, no winking whatsoever. It's an exercise in pure discomfort and I love it. Bang on my sense of humour.

Episodes are 3-10 minutes. With Oscar specials. And a 5hr long courtroom episode that I haven't got to yet but am very much looking forward to. Also I think there's a film, but haven't got to that yet either.

If you find the idea of someone saying "When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose!" funny, then you might like it too!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
43065.2 In reply to 43065.1 
Watched quite a few of these now. Very funny, but I find that I can't manage many in a row, because there's something about the level of discomfort that rubs off on me after a while. I worked for somebody with mannerisms and personality almost identical to Tim Heidecker's character a few years ago. I'll never forget the day he "led" a session on "quality" for the "team". He stood in front of us and explained the old management favourite "four stages of competence" as though it was new to us all. That's the one that starts with "unconscious incompetence" and ends with "unconcious competence". After the event, when he'd gone, we all admitted that it had been hard not to laugh since he was clearly stuck at unconscious incompetence and unlikely to ever change. 

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
43065.3 In reply to 43065.2 
Hahaha.

I've been watching a lot of it and it gets more uncomfortable as it goes on. I've actually restarted it multiple times just to go back to the old days when they were merely incompetent and there was a sweetness to it.

I've just got to the trial and it's *brutal*.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–3

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats