GeneralThe web doesn't exist :O

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Mouse     
43054.41 In reply to 43054.40 
I once had a really good thing going with Discover on Spotify, it was genuinely coming up with all sorts of good stuff for me from obscure electronica classics to new independent music. Getting DO YOU DOUBT ME TRAITOR from Lingua Ignota on the way to work was a memorable example. Crikey! Then my son started wanting to play music and it's just a mess now that I almost never look at. Never mind! I encourage him all the same and enjoy some tiny percentage of his stuff amongst the badness.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
43054.42 In reply to 43054.41 
I got right into jungle again recently. Anything that autoplays after jungle is always Chase n fucking Status.

Talked to a few people and now I listen to Sully, 5am Kru and Nia Archives. Much better.

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)      
43054.43 In reply to 43054.1 
It really doesn't exist. Certainly not in the form we'd view as the peak 10-20 years ago.

Move to mobile over desktop (and partly laptop) has definitely changed how we consume online. Or at the very least how the people here would. I'm guessing most of us probably do most of our browsing on a phone now and only get out the laptop or sit at the desktop for something more involved. Whereas in the past me I'd do most on desktop, eventually moving to most on laptop.

My attention span these days is totally fucked. I won't lie, I haven't read your full post. I may return and read it in full at some point, but that's a problem I currently have which I think has been partly caused by the "scrolling" nature of social media these days.
Next post, next post, quick dopamine hit, forward that reel to my gf, skip that. Just letting the algorithm feed me nonsense rather than seeking out interesting things I want read/consume/enjoy.

I need to regulate my screen time far better.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
43054.44 In reply to 43054.43 
I used to pride myself on not falling for the "short hit" side of social media - I avoided Tik Tok, Twitter and while I watch a lot of YouTube it's mostly long form, useful, content.

But I won't lie - Facebook Shorts has utterly got me. I can easily zone out for ages just scrolling through, frankly, mindless shite.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Monsoir (PILOTDAN)     
43054.45 In reply to 43054.44 
I've deliberately not bothered with TikTok because of this.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Monsoir (PILOTDAN)     
43054.46 In reply to 43054.44 
I've got plumbers in my algorithm at the moment. Quite like it.

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
43054.47 In reply to 43054.46 
Oh and the occasional farmer too like this guy

https://www.facebook.com/reel/398326236653297?mibextid=rS40aB7S9Ucbxw6v

Do like that everyday people make "diaries" like this, just wish it was on their own website.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–40  41–47

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats