Music, Film, TV & BooksMonty Python

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  william (WILLIAMA)      
43052.18 In reply to 43052.7 
"Steve? Is fucksocks still a thing?"

He's called Felix nowadays, I believe! And seems to update Facebook quite a bit. I think he was and probably still is working for github? And making quite dramatic home improvements (and/or commissioning builders to do it)

Izziwizzi/James I'd love to hear from, me and Tina did that tour from SF to Vegas to Grand Canyon to LA to SF with him, then he went around the edge of the USA north-> east -> south from there (in a classic Mustang for at least some of it). Then he ended up crewing sailing boats far afield and I think that was the last I heard and that was aaages ago.

Ricardo I still speak to here and there because his company does a fair bit of work for the company I work for. You can also see him on Instagram/Strava going for runs in teh countryside.

I've got a feeling Truffy got huffy with us when he went a bit right-wing/pre-brexit but could definitely be misremembering. JonCooper didn't go noticeably right-wing particularly but definitely went brexit (as did much of the south-west, I suppose) and I seem to remember that being a bit of a catalyst for ditching here too. Anyway, I hope they're both well. What a stupid mess of a thing brexit is and was no matter how you feel about the EU.

TAK is some sort of university professor living in the countryside.

Edd was doing internet startup things and going to gigs and taking gameboy camera photos last I spoke to him (I bumped into him in central London in the street!) but that was a good few years ago now. I wonder what's up these days, and I would bet on gameboy camera groups as the place to stalk him.

JohnGTI goes for runs too albeit I think more in the vein of city half-marathons than the countryside and still does teaching I think and his kids are all growing up - he's another facebooker so that's where I've seen that.

Andee/Tribal was doing some work at Facebook at some point, not sure if he still is but it seemed of the really-rather-successful variety and I think he got married and had child(ren) too.

Rowan got married to a Romanian lady and I don't think I know anything else beyond that.

I think that's all I got in this current memory dump but I'm sure there's much more in there somewhere! I don't think I'm 'in' on these MSN/Whatsapp/Signal groups and it's probably a good thing as I don't need more procrastination distraction quite frankly. I'm 'on' Facebook, never post but leave it enabled on one device as my family all use it to some extent, and there's quite a few tehpeople on there at least occasionally.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
43052.19 In reply to 43052.18 
I have to say I miss Mr. Bastard's bromides of bitterness.
“A man with nicotine, protein, caffeine, and creatine coursing through his veins is an unstoppable force.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
43052.20 In reply to 43052.17 
Ahreet! 

How many guitars have you sold since we last spoke? And how many have you bought?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
43052.21 In reply to 43052.19 
Sulkpot was always good for a pithy Conservative take. He was a smart one and I miss him. Been absent for a very long time though.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
43052.22 In reply to 43052.20 
I've stopped doing that shit now because guitars are fucking boring.

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

43052.23 In reply to 43052.22 
Well that's a relief.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

43052.24 In reply to 43052.23 
How many Flash based websites have you made since we last spoke? :Y

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

43052.25 In reply to 43052.24 
I stopped making websites after I realised it was boring.

(I miss flash though. It was so easy to whip up little toys that were graphics + code. You could *draw right there in the thing* and then put *code in the drawing* and it would *do things*. Nothing else works like that.)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

43052.26 In reply to 43052.25 
Nobody uses websites anymore anyway.

I'm in the wrong thread aren't I?

+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

43052.27 In reply to 43052.25 
You can do a hell of a lot with javascript if you've a mind to (which is why noscript etc). Also it doesn't need a plugin to view it.
“A man with nicotine, protein, caffeine, and creatine coursing through his veins is an unstoppable force.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

43052.28 In reply to 43052.27 
Yeah, I tried that for a while. And Love2d and Python + PyGame and others. It's not the same though. It was that ability to put the code "in" the drawings which enabled me to make what was in my imagination without stalling.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

43052.29 In reply to 43052.28 
Reminds me of another Macromedia product, Freehand. Adobe's catch and kill.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

43052.30 In reply to 43052.29 
Yup, Freehand was way better than illustrator.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–30

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats