Games (inc Online)Left4Dead 80% off on Steam

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
41687.133 In reply to 41687.130 
Due to the 5-hr time difference, I'll likely be at work & not getting home much before 11pm your time on weekdays, so Sat/Sun would work better.

----
"American football is when a bunch over over paid American sports people frightened of being hurt strap on a ton of armour to play a game of rugby"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I can do October ;)

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.135 In reply to 41687.132 
I don't mind waiting for the weekend if Mr. Smith isn't available 'til then. Having a full complement of humans and a non-bot team would good. Is there a grenade launcher in L4D2 then? I didn't see one when we were playing last, unless some weapons are level specific.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41687.136 In reply to 41687.135 
There is at least one in the first mission I played in SP. You can occasionally find one lying around in random places. They don't have them in the safe rooms or the gun shop though. I find they have somewhat limited value since almost all the serious fighting is cqb. You're better off with one of the military-grade shotguns. Also the hand grenades are great since all the zombies actually run towards and congregate around them before they explode, and they can be thrown really far (unfortunately you can only carry one at a time).

----
"American football is when a bunch over over paid American sports people frightened of being hurt strap on a ton of armour to play a game of rugby"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
41687.137 In reply to 41687.136 
I'll keep an eye out for one now. I do like the shotguns and as you mentioned the melee weapons are lots of fun. It's a bit gimmicky, but I like the chainsaw too.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
41687.138 In reply to 41687.135 
Yeah, good plan.

Most weapon drops are randomised, there are spots where you know there's likely to be a weapon but not what it'll be. A few are static (there's always a chrome shotgun in the van before the fence-climb on Dead Centre, for example).

The grenade launcher is rare, I can't recall anywhere where you're guaranteed to get one but there probably are a few spots. What it's actually best at is killing specials and tanks very very quickly (it'll kill any special in one (exact) hit). But it's obviously very hard to aim that well.

Shotguns are decent when playing advanced or below, so long as you don't run out of shots during a crescendo or something (easy to do, just miss a couple of shots then get mobbed). They are good for clearing out at close range though, yeah.

On expert and expert realism they're useless.

The magnum/deagle is also very good on anything below expert too. It's a one shot kill on mobs and will kill most specials in one headshot too. But I'd rather carry a melee weapon for when things get desperate.

The "best" weapons (I put it in quotes cos it's situational and personal preference matters) are the military sniper rifle and the AK. The former is just really powerful (but has a really slow reload) and very good for killing specials. The AK just has a nice balance of accuracy, power and reload speed. The hunting rifle is good too, similar to the military sniper rifle, not as powerful but faster reload.

*Ideally* you want to kill the zombies before they get anywhere near you but that's all about knowing where they'll spawn and finding nice angles and chokepoints, it comes from knowing the maps.

Melee weapons are good for when you're surrounded or trying to clear zombies off someone you're trying to get up. The "best" are the sword and the axe. The sword has the biggest killing arc and is pretty fast. The axe is a tad slower and has a shorter killing arc but does way more push-back. The machete is very fast but obviously has a very short arc. They're all decent. The tonfa is useless. The frying pan is kinda useless but funny. The golf club is great but only on a few maps.

The chainsaw is really good at attracting the horde to you so it's super useful in situations where... you want that. Like if two people are down, one of you can run around with the chainsaw drawing the horde off while the other person gets the two downed people up. It's also good for like holding a doorway or something.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.139 In reply to 41687.138 
I was playing around some more with the gl on the swamp map last night and found, if conserving ammo is not a consideration, it's pretty effective at carpet-bombing an area where you can hear / glimpse specials prowling around in the distance. A few near-misses will usually take them out well before they can even begin a charge. The thing about being mobbed while reloading the shotgun is that it's great for 'shoving' -- which is really clubbing, and frequently killing them with the butt. So I stand by the shotgun as the best all-round weapon except perhaps in expert modes which I haven't tried. Also haven't tried the ak yet.

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.140 In reply to 41687.139 
Yeah the shotgun is great on normal and decent on advanced. It's no better at pushing than any other weapon though, that's all the same.

And yeah, another thing worth mentioning with shotguns is that they're amazing against the tank *if* you insert the muzzle into the tank such that all of the pellets are hurting him :Y
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.141 In reply to 41687.139 
Also, what's your Steam name? I don't believe I have you added.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41687.142 In reply to 41687.141 
Same as here iirc

----
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I did buy L4D2 the other week. I need to install it, and clear my desk.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
41687.144 In reply to 41687.143 
(cheer)(gun)(zombie)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  …  81–100  101–120  121–140  141–144

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats