HardwarePC upgrade me-do

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  milko     
41390.40 In reply to 41390.32 
I'd be intrigued to see a few. The drivers argument has been around for nearly 15 years, yet for me I've had no real problems with playing any games with either an Nvidia card or an AMD/ATI card. Skyrim also ran fine when I installed it just after release day (so long before any driver issues could be patched).

The only experiences I've had so far is that I've never had an AMD/ATI card die on me due to shitty engineering, whereas I've lost a £260 GeForce 8800 due to that (which is kind-of annoying).

Still, my current card is now a couple of years old and maybe others are having problems with newer games. Just nothing I've personally come across so far it must be said.
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
41390.41 In reply to 41390.32 
I think I have a 7850. I definitely had stuttering in Skyrim and I think I posted something about it on here back in the day. I think a patch or new driver helped things but I don't remember it going away completely. Not sure if that was an AMD thing or not.

Can't sat I've noticed any stuttering in anything else, though I don't really play many games. Last one was Deus Ex and that played smoothly.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–40  41

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats