Idle Chit ChatEngrish

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  milko     
40672.21 In reply to 40672.20 
Is there a definite tipping point for forgetting things, like at 12:10 I can recall what I had for breakfast, but as soon as 12:11 comes around I've forgotten it? Or is there a process of getting progressively hazy, being able to recall less and less details until the memory is mired in a mental fug so much so that any attempt to penetrate the noisome fumes leaves the brain choking away and unable to to pick out any details?

I'm sure it's the latter, from personal experience, but it's probably different for other people. :C

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
40672.22 In reply to 40672.21 
I know I had toast today for breakfast. Often I have nothing but an espresso (never got an appetite that early) so I wonder how long this will be noteworthy enough for me to remember. We can do a test!

I already can't remember if it had marmalade or not, which supports your hypothesis. I think it probably did, but certainty is lost to me.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.23 In reply to 40672.21 
My memory is pretty abysmal.

I do know what I had for breakfast. Nothing, like every day. I've had 2 cups of tea this morning and now it's dinnertime.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS      milko     
40672.24 In reply to 40672.22 
Unfortunately you've written down what you've had for breakfast, which not only serves as an aide memoir, but may cement in your mind that fact that you've eaten toast. This is going to to require more testing.

Ant - I thought you were a funky hippy fitness kinda guy. Don't you know not eating breakfast is bad for you?

Breakfast is something I can't do without, before getting married n'that I used to wake up early and have to eat straight away. I can wait a bit longer now, but still have to have had something by 9am to be able to function properly.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.25 In reply to 40672.24 
Never been obsessed with fitness. Looking at my waist I should probably be more interested these days.

Everyone seems to say breakfast is essential but I never listen. Can't remember the last time I regularly ate breakfast.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS      
40672.26 In reply to 40672.25 
It's just something i had in my head from you doing TKD... I shouldn't leap to conclusions. :-$

My eating routine used to be habitual, it was breakfast time, so I had breakfast. Now it's kinda dictated by how my stomach's working. I can't eat much at night, so make up for it with a big breakfast and lunch.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.27 In reply to 40672.26 
No, most people have thought that in the past, especially the level I did it at! But it was always the TKD that pretty much kept the weight off rather then being a fitness way of life. I've never really eaten all that well, but not too badly compared to most. So when the exercise stops the pounds arrive.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS      
40672.28 In reply to 40672.27 
Have you jacked the training in then?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.29 In reply to 40672.24 
the writing it down aide memoir I concede. The idea was not to look at the post when attempting to remember though. Hmm it's going to be difficult.

Regarding fitness. I am pretty goddamn fit lately though I say so myself. Y'ain't need no breakfast particularly, just eat the right things at a time that suits you. Lots of protein and fat, not so much sugar and carbs and cereal. 

I do force down some brekkie if I'm going to actually move about and stuff, but my weekday mornings are usually pretty sedentary. Honestly find it quite difficult to do, most of the time, until I've been up an hour or so.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.30 In reply to 40672.29 
Aye, if I've written something specific down, just that act makes me remember it and I don't usually have to look at it again.  :-/

My mornings tend to be active until I get to work. Up with the kids getting them ready n'that, then a 3 mile walk to work. I don't eat til I've gotten into work and worked up a bit of an appetite. I normally have a bowl of porridge, banana, cup of tea and a couple of oat cakes. Like I mentioned before I can't eat much later on so I'll usually just have some toast on an evening. I'm a carb-a-holic.  :-O~~~
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.31 In reply to 40672.30 
I eat a steadily increasing amount of food through the day usually. Despite being rather slender I probably have a bigger lunch than anyone else at work, and then a snack, and then a massive dinner. Not often anything after that mind you.

Also, hmm, if I got up and did all that I'd want to eat breakfast too. Maybe minimilko will change things soon!
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.32 In reply to 40672.31 
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.33 In reply to 40672.31 
I actually wanted to post this one, but thought it was a tad too ambiguous.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.34 In reply to 40672.33 
Well, I thankyou for removing the ambiguity. 

Used to love those things when I was a nipper. So I'm told, can't remember that far back with clarity, really.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.35 In reply to 40672.34 
Heh, you should've got someone to write it down. That's where the kids of today have the advantage, with teh facebook et al, they're able to record every minimilk they have and not only share it with the masses, but have a time and date accurate record for it too...
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.36 In reply to 40672.35 
With all that data, someone could make really cool visualisations and graphs about ... pretty much anything. Kenny's Beef Log (sadly only on Facebook as far as I know) but for decades. Whoa.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40672.37 In reply to 40672.36 
Kenny's beef log is basically the only reason I log in to Facebook anymore.

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  ┌┘      │              │ ▪                    
┌─┤       └──┐  │  │  ┌──┘                      
│ │          │ ││  ││ │   ┌─┐                   
│ │          └─┼┤  └┴─┴───┘ │                   
│ │           ─┘│           │                   
│ │   ┌──────┐  └┬──────────┘                   
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
40672.38 In reply to 40672.37 
Along with the jokes?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–38

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats