Idle Chit ChatThe rise of Skynet

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
40101.81 In reply to 40101.80 
Research is fun, if you've got enough money.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
40101.82 In reply to 40101.81 
Ah yeah that would also be a big part of the equation!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
40101.83 In reply to 40101.80 
I was watching Dara O Brian's Science Club last night, and episode of the brain. Some clever scientist type people put a detector on the surface of a woman's brain and used it to detect neurons firing when she spoke/thought of speaking. They were very on/off signals like binary.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
40101.84 In reply to 40101.83 
Actually it was someone who was paralysed imagining moving their hand that had the neuron detector. The other person saying ooohhh and aaahhhh had a different sensor to measure rain waves or something.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
40101.85 In reply to 40101.84 
I think it's important not to make assumptions about what's actually being discovered in this kind of experiment.

It's a little like trying to work out what 'going to work' is and coming up with the observation that we see a shadow being moved from point a to point b every time. Interesting, true, and you don't get one without the other (dark days aside), but I could go off on all sorts of wasted investigations if I assumed that it was a useful observation in answering the question.
good%20advice.jpg
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  …  41–60  61–80  81–85

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats