Idle Chit ChatIs this really the world's ugliest building?

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
In Bournemouth we have the famed IMAX Waterfront building, which actually hosted an IMAX cinema for a few months and then it stopped working. It blocked the view of the sea for a very posh hotel which closed and is now a Premier Inn (giggle) and for the rest of the town too.

It was voted Britain's ugliest building on a c4 show. Or something.

They did a projected-demolition the other week as part of the arts festival (like what the other Steve has posted before) and now it is actually being knocked down. In its place will be a nice open air stage, yay.

rdsig.gif
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  steve     
40034.13 In reply to 40034.12 
Presumably the Premiere Inn will be closed, and replaced with a very posh hotel.

There are already too many Premiere Inns in the world.

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)      
40034.14 In reply to 40034.13 
I get them muddled with the other discount hotel brands (I've never stayed in one, I've always found independent hotels to be a lot cheaper..) but there appears to be one on every road here. 

rdsig.gif
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  steve     
40034.15 In reply to 40034.14 
/Exactly/. There's a danger that the UK could end up with more Premiere Inns than private housing or, worse still, pubs.

truffy.gifbastard by name
bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)      
40034.16 In reply to 40034.15 
I've had friends moaning about how expensive hotels are nowdays, and that's just because they've only checked the discount chains and assumed they are the cheapest. No. I regularly stay in a central London hotel for £35 a night, it's lovely.

Well, it's not lovely, but it's a bit like the house from The Shining and has everything I need. I also don't have to risk waking up with Lenny Henry in my bed.

rdsig.gif
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–16

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats