SoftwareWindows 8

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
40020.141 In reply to 40020.140 
Hey, I'm with you. Win8 is a sack of bollocks.

(don't mind metro though :Y )
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
40020.142 In reply to 40020.141 
Nope me either, on a touch device it's not too shabby.

stickman2.png How long must I put up with the unholy sound of your gun?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.143 In reply to 40020.140 
You could also look at it like this:  If the USA Today is reporting it, it must be a big story.

You'll all soon see that I'm correct and you are all /wrong/.

Which bit were they wrong about exactly? The removal of the start menu?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  arq (ARQUETURUS)     
40020.144 In reply to 40020.143 
That and pushing metro on enterprise.  Metro is great for touch based devices, but it will /never/ work for enterprise.  I said /never/!  :)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.145 In reply to 40020.144 
You see, I think Metro isn't so bad for enterprise. It's like have a desktop with specific widgets on it. I do dislike 'corners' though.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.146 In reply to 40020.145 
Yeah, and the corners are even tougher on multi-monitors and RDP.  It's not that Metro is bad really, but no one cares when they are at work.  There are days upon days that I never see my desktop, and others have excel or Great Plains or whatever opened all day, they don't care about live tiles.  But they do care when they try to open a program and have to navigate a poorly implemented start screen, when it just to be as easy as clicking start/windows button and picking what you want.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.147 In reply to 40020.146 
haha it still is pressing windows button and picking what you want! eeeh. HOW WILL I SEE MY ICON NOW ITS BIGGER AND THERE'S LESS OF THEM
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
40020.148 In reply to 40020.147 
So if it's the same, why is it now different?  What is better about pressing the keyboard key?  Why change it?  It was fine.  And the only tiles you see are the ones you don't even want to see.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.149 In reply to 40020.148 
You can re-arrange the icons. Have you not tried doing that? Also, clicking in the bottom-left corner of the screen brings the Start window up.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  patch     
40020.150 In reply to 40020.149 
I have not, because I'm not using the rubbish.  Oh wait, I suddenly love Windows 8 now.  So carry on, while I enjoy the fantastic changes!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.151 In reply to 40020.150 
I think we're just having a few problems working out why you keep complaining about bits of Windows 8 not doing things that they actually can do.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.152 In reply to 40020.151 
Where do I keep complaining about it?  I think if look you'll see that over and over I keep saying they've changed things just to change them and didn't put any thought into it.  There is nothing better about Windows 8 for desktop/laptop.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.153 In reply to 40020.152 
Ah, so you're disliking it on a philosophical level? Can't help you with that. Try Drew. He thinks a lot.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.154 In reply to 40020.152 
Though, I'd have to say I disagree with you. As far as I'm concerned, the Start menu just got bigger and more colourful, and isn't filled with folders of icons for programs that I never use, like Safe Mode for VLC (whatever that does). And if I do want to look at those useless icons, there's a simple way of doing so.

No improvement at all, really.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.155 In reply to 40020.153 
Mostly.  I have used it and it doesn't improve efficiency or make my job easier so it fails more than on a philosophical level.  It comes down to Microsoft thinking they know better how I need to use my computer, and that they needed more money.  No one will pay for Windows 7 again, so they had to fuck it up and hype it as something new and better. 

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.156 In reply to 40020.155 
Blimey you really aren't keen are you?

It strikes me that Live tiles are kinda similar to Windows 3.1, well except for the live part :P

Thinking about how I use my PC, I think my experience will be improved over Win 7, I can't remember the last time I used the 'programs' part of the start menu, I just pin stuff to it and more likely stuff to the task bar. All my games i pretty much run from Steam.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.157 In reply to 40020.156 
Not really :)

I tend to do the same, pin the things I use every day and search (usually) from the start menu for other things.  But I do use the start menu to open programs from time to time as well.

I'm not usually like this, so I'm thinking Peter put some kind of fucking voodoo on me.  But I really, really don't like what they've done.  Phone and Tablet, it's great. But there was no need to force this out to desktop.  And it's going to be even worse when people discover RT can't run programs that the other version can.  Normal people can't be bothered to follow all this mess.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.158 In reply to 40020.157 
Not really :)

I tend to do the same, pin the things I use every day and search (usually) from the start menu for other things.  But I do use the start menu to open programs from time to time as well.

I'm not usually like this, so I'm thinking Peter put some kind of fucking voodoo on me.  But I really, really don't like what they've done.  Phone and Tablet, it's great. But there was no need to force this out to desktop.  And it's going to be even worse when people discover RT can't run programs that the other version can.  Normal people can't be bothered to follow all this mess.

I disagree, normal people haven't got a fucking clue and will be fine with it - look at iOS. We're abnormal you see.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.159 In reply to 40020.158 
I think normal people know that an ipad app won't run on a Mac, but when it's marketed as Windows that's different.  They are pushing Windows on all devices, but wait, you can't run that on this Windows, you need the other Windows.  Whut?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

40020.160 In reply to 40020.159 
But have they always?

You're looking at the situation from a position of intelligent bias. Normal folk really aren't that clever.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  101–120  121–140  141–160  161–180  …  421–432

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats