Games (inc Online)Skyrim

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Matt     
39098.389 In reply to 39098.374 
Has the 1.2 patch been released for the PC? Just reading about the patch for the PS3 which has introduced new bugs including backwards flying dragons. They recommend avoiding it.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
39098.390 In reply to 39098.389 
Oh Bethesda :'D

I'm sort of glad but also sad I haven't played it yet (getting it for Christmas from parents). Sounds like I'm missing out on all the fun.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
39098.391 In reply to 39098.390 

It also breaks a couple of my smithing mods too. One plus side I've found from it is that the FOV for my 16:10 monitor is now set to 85 by default. No more having to enter the console every time I launch the game to change it!

On the down side, they added the stupid unskippable "Bethesda" logo back after I'd explicitly deleted it earlier. That annoyed me a bit and meant another trek into my Steamapps folder to remove it again.

I hate unskippable logos with a passion :(

---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     
39098.392 In reply to 39098.391 
Are the controls or menus or inventory bits modified at all? I tried the inventory mod but it didn't work for some reason. Unskippable intros :@ I deleted the video after a couple of times starting the game.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.393 In reply to 39098.392 
Don't know. I'm still using the inventory mod. Worked fine for me, all you have to do is to just unzip it into your Skyrim\Data folder and it should work fine from there.
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)      
39098.394 In reply to 39098.121 
I have strangeness alt-tabbing. It goes to the desktop fine but when I alt-tab back it shows a black screen in a window. Alt-tab again back around to Skyrim and it always goes back to the game.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.395 In reply to 39098.394 
Mine does the same thing.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  af (CAER)     
39098.396 In reply to 39098.395 

Mr (Mrs/Miss/Ms?) Lucy said it crashes sometimes alt-tabbing. Dunno if he meant the same thing.

I've been carrying some spell tomes not realising they were for learning new spells. I've got 48 other books which I've picked up but haven't read. Dunno if I should bother to or not. A few have increased some skills and one added a new quest.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.397 In reply to 39098.396 
Man I never bother picking books up - I just read them on the shelf. I've got quite a few spells I can't even use now, cos they need six times more mana than I have :$
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.398 In reply to 39098.394 
Exactly the same here. It's always been that way for me. Alt-Tabbing out is fine. To go back, you always have to alt-tab to Skyrim, then do it a second time to get back.

And the FOV stuff with the patch was wrong. Must have typed it in without realising before :( .
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.399 In reply to 39098.397 

I don't have a chance to play for long at a time so I tend to pick up the books and think I might read them later. Probably using up loads of my inventory weight. I might drop them off somewhere and think about reading them later.

So far loving the game. About 5 hours in and am getting quite hooked now :D

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.400 In reply to 39098.399 
Wait, you actually read them? Like, not just open them then close them straight away just for the potential skill increase? 8-O
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.401 In reply to 39098.400 
No, I meant I "read" them, pick them up and have stored them just in case they are worth proper reading, which I haven't done yet.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.402 In reply to 39098.400 
Fucking cheating metagamer. :@
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Now up to level 24 and just done the seven thousand steps to find the next bit of the main quest line but I have so many other things that require my attention like assasinations etc........must get back to the game soon.....Bethesda crack more like

It's Better To Burn Out Than To fade Away .
Doug ( Bytespc )

E-Mail - bytespc@virginmedia.com

MSN bytes_pc_advice@hotmail.com

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Byte (BYTESPC)     
39098.404 In reply to 39098.403 

Not that I have tried crack but I imagine it is every bit as addictive as this. I kept thinking "bed soon" last night and kept saying it til 2am. it's not a good game for decent sleeping patterns.

Up to level 7 at the mo. I'd probably say I'm a mate but I use my shield/Kellogg's Frosties sword (yes, I called it that) when I run out of Magicka. I should probably try other spells but find my dual casting fire hands can defeat most things I've come across so far.

Are soul gems just for recharging enchanted items? I don't think I ever got arouns to using them in Oblivion but seem to remember picking some up.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.405 In reply to 39098.404 
You soul gems for creating new enchants too.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.406 In reply to 39098.404 
As you get higher using soul crystals is a must for enchanting weapons and armour and then re charging same as they deplete with use, you can be fire proof, poison or set fire too , even drain souls and drain life or blood with each impact or block. A word of warning for low level players , you will get a particular blade in one of the side quests which is the only way to defeat tree wraiths, don't ever throw it away, also don't forget to train in blacksmithing as its essential for making super advanced weapons and armour.

It's Better To Burn Out Than To fade Away .
Doug ( Bytespc )

E-Mail - bytespc@virginmedia.com

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.407 In reply to 39098.405 
Yes, new enchants and recharging was what I meant. Made my Kellogg's Frosties Sword with a soul gem I found which was already full when I found it. So what's the difference between the different ones, petty, common, etc. I assume they hold different types/levels of creatures giving larger capacities or something?

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Byte (BYTESPC)     
39098.408 In reply to 39098.406 

Made my first enchanted weapon last night which was fun. Found an enchanting table in some dungeon. I'd cleared most of the place, coming to the last rooms and could hear someone banging away at a forge. Couldn't see where it was coming from but could hear it down the corridors. Love the atmosphere in this game.

Did two almost identical quests last night involving claws. Completed the first and randomly decided to start another which happened to involve the same things so was bored by the end.of that one. Might not get much of a chance to play over the weekend :(

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  341–360  361–380  381–400  401–420  …  761–773

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats