Games (inc Online)Skyrim

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Dave!!     
39098.377 In reply to 39098.376 
How thoughtful of you to mention these handy sounding mods and not link to them.

MrTrent A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless. In a world of criminals who operate above the law.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  MrTrent     
39098.378 In reply to 39098.377 

Got them all from here:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/25/skyrim-mods-the-20-best-so-far/

---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.379 In reply to 39098.378 
Cheers. I can never be arsed to trawl through mod sites looking for decent ones, i much prefer it when someone does the work for me and makes a handy list.

MrTrent A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless. In a world of criminals who operate above the law.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  MrTrent     
39098.380 In reply to 39098.31 
Giants are off limits until way later in the game when you are level 30 plus :)

It's Better To Burn Out Than To fade Away .
Doug ( Byte )

E-Mail - bytespc@ntlworld.com

MSN bytes_pc_advice@hotmail.com

Legal Notice : My Web Site is run as a hobby and offers Free Advice to anyone and everyone.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Byte (BYTESPC)     
39098.381 In reply to 39098.380 

Aye, I've got to the stage where I can take a giant out in 3 arrows. I always feel a bit guilty about it, though.

(Your sig is broken)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  patch     
39098.382 In reply to 39098.381 
thanks now amended as no longer there

Doug ( Bytespc )

E-Mail - bytespc@virginmedia.com

Legal Notice : My Web Site is run as a hobby and offers Free Advice to anyone and everyone.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Byte (BYTESPC)     
39098.383 In reply to 39098.380 

At the start of the game after Riverwood I went for a wander and saw a giant. I didn't realise he would attack me as soon as I went over to him to.I went to say hi. One swing of his swingy thing and I was dead straight away.

Slightly further on I saw another giant attacking some wolves so I went to help. He started on me instead so I ran to a nearby fort where there was an evelated walkway where he couldnt get to me and killed.him off with my flaming hands.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  patch     
39098.384 In reply to 39098.381 
the real so and so's are the sabre tooth snow leopard thingies that sneak up and swat you down the sides of mountain passes, one caught me a good un and I literally skidded to my death.....

Doug ( Bytespc )

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.385 In reply to 39098.376 

From what people said on here the horse mod sounds useful, not that I have one yet. They sound very unhorselike without it.

I also increase the FOV as I find it too narrow on my monitor. Might be different on a widescreen monitor.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Right all this chat, I'm off to play it right now Level 20 and I still havent seen the GreyBeards to continue the main quest as I'm having so much fun with the side quests, oh and watch out for being turned into a vampire, hint : always use a shrine after every major mission if you get to stage 4 vamparism everyone npc attacks you on sight and you need to get the cure which is a pain and a fiddle :)

Doug ( Bytespc )

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
39098.387 In reply to 39098.385 
I dunno, I increase it to 85 on my monitor (27", 16:9 ratio) which makes it a lot less claustrophobic.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  af (CAER)     
39098.388 In reply to 39098.387 

I think the default is 60 which I find makes it uncomfortable to play. I think I changed it to 75.

I had another wander last night and loved standing at the top of a snowy mountain looking over a valley full of trees with huge mountains the other side. It's a very beautiful game.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
39098.389 In reply to 39098.374 
Has the 1.2 patch been released for the PC? Just reading about the patch for the PS3 which has introduced new bugs including backwards flying dragons. They recommend avoiding it.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.390 In reply to 39098.389 
Oh Bethesda :'D

I'm sort of glad but also sad I haven't played it yet (getting it for Christmas from parents). Sounds like I'm missing out on all the fun.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
39098.391 In reply to 39098.390 

It also breaks a couple of my smithing mods too. One plus side I've found from it is that the FOV for my 16:10 monitor is now set to 85 by default. No more having to enter the console every time I launch the game to change it!

On the down side, they added the stupid unskippable "Bethesda" logo back after I'd explicitly deleted it earlier. That annoyed me a bit and meant another trek into my Steamapps folder to remove it again.

I hate unskippable logos with a passion :(

---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.392 In reply to 39098.391 
Are the controls or menus or inventory bits modified at all? I tried the inventory mod but it didn't work for some reason. Unskippable intros :@ I deleted the video after a couple of times starting the game.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.393 In reply to 39098.392 
Don't know. I'm still using the inventory mod. Worked fine for me, all you have to do is to just unzip it into your Skyrim\Data folder and it should work fine from there.
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)      
39098.394 In reply to 39098.121 
I have strangeness alt-tabbing. It goes to the desktop fine but when I alt-tab back it shows a black screen in a window. Alt-tab again back around to Skyrim and it always goes back to the game.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.395 In reply to 39098.394 
Mine does the same thing.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  af (CAER)     
39098.396 In reply to 39098.395 

Mr (Mrs/Miss/Ms?) Lucy said it crashes sometimes alt-tabbing. Dunno if he meant the same thing.

I've been carrying some spell tomes not realising they were for learning new spells. I've got 48 other books which I've picked up but haven't read. Dunno if I should bother to or not. A few have increased some skills and one added a new quest.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  321–340  341–360  361–380  381–400  …  761–773

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats