Games (inc Online)Skyrim

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)      
39098.316 In reply to 39098.314 
But why? I can never quite put my finger on why it was a load of old horse apples. I even tried it with Obsuro's Total Mod (I think it was called)

Surface wise, it was the same as Skyrim right down to having a shite UI.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  patch     
39098.317 In reply to 39098.315 
I had a bug early on that made a whole section of lake disapear - it was stll there but you couldn't see it, just the bottom, was rather bizarre.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  arq (ARQUETURUS)     
39098.318 In reply to 39098.316 
Oblivion's UI was amazing compared to Skyrim's :')

Oblivion was shit because it was badly designed. Nothing (well, very little) was interesting or intriguing or mysterious and the whole thing looked like a jumbled mess. Nothing had any coherence with anything else. Didn't look like stuff which had arisen from a real culture, looked like stuff that had been badly designed.

Morrowind was broad and deep and well designed. Oblivion was narrow and shallow and poorly designed. Skyrim is broad and shallow and well designed. Two out of three is pretty good.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I am now Thane of every city in Skyrim. Bow before me, peasants.

MrTrent A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless. In a world of criminals who operate above the law.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  MrTrent     
39098.320 In reply to 39098.319 
I've not gotten round to selling most of my loot yet, so I couldn't even start to afford a house in every city. The one in Solitude was expensive enough.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.321 In reply to 39098.320 
Selling loot is such immense hassle in this game. I've not sold anything since about level 5. So I have a chest in my house with roughly infinity things in it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.322 In reply to 39098.320 
The one in Solitude was by far the most expensive. The others don't cost any where near as much. Although all cities can make you Thane, you can't get a house in each city, only Solitude, Windhelm, Whiterun, Riften and Markath. You get a housecarl in each of those though, which is nice. I never use companions myself, as my badass orc doesn't need them, so i leave them all at their relevant houses, safe in the knowledge that they're gaurding the place and keeping a fire lit so it's nice and warm for whenever i decide to pop in.

MrTrent A young loner on a crusade to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless. In a world of criminals who operate above the law.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.323 In reply to 39098.321 
Selling loot is indeed a pain in the arse. I liked Oblivion's system of each vendor being able to spend a maximum amount on each item, but unlimited funds. This system of only having a set pool of gold to spend is fucking annoying. I'm not really bothered now as i've bought and fully upgraded all available houses, but when i was actively trying to raise funds i had to fast travel round 2 or somethimes 3 cities to be able to sell all my loot from my last excursion.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  arq (ARQUETURUS)     
39098.324 In reply to 39098.316 
Oblivion had a really shit levelling system (although mods like Oblivion XP did help to fix this). It also had a distinct feel of being a relatively sparse and mass-generated world with loads of relatively samey dungeons plastered around to fill it up.

That being so, I personally really enjoyed Oblivion, despite its faults. And Xen is right that Oblivion did have a much better UI than Skyrim.
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.325 In reply to 39098.323 
It's much more realistic though. I've used mods for Oblivion which added the same ability. Does make you have to plan how you sell stuff, ie to make sure that you don't sell weapons to a general trader, but to the smithy instead so that the general trader has enough gold left for your other junk.
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     
39098.326 In reply to 39098.325 
This is fairly easy if you're a smith, you can buy all the crafting gear which pads out the Blacksmiths purse then sell Magic Weapons and Armor to them.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.327 In reply to 39098.321 
Hmm, this just reminded me. We need to play that clicky clicky game. Maybe later this week/weekend?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Went to start my thieving career on the island. Then a Dragon turns up. So much for subtlety.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  DrBoff (BOFF)     
39098.329 In reply to 39098.328 
That happened to me, too. Maybe it's scripted? It did thin out the opposition a little, though, so I was fine about it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.330 In reply to 39098.329 
Not scripted, no. My little excursion to the island went perfectly, nobody ever knew i was there. Except me, obviously, and the person who paid me to be there.

I know they said i could kill the guards if i wanted to, but that would have made the mission nothing more than another dungeon crawl or generic go here-KILL-collect macguffin quest so i did it all sneaky sneaky to make it interesting.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
39098.331 In reply to 39098.327 
I'm up for that, aye.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.332 In reply to 39098.323 
The thing with vendors having limited funds is the same as Morrowind. The easiest way to work around it (or at least it worked in Morrowind, not tried it in Skyrim yet) is to sell as much as you can, then wait a day (press T once out of the vendor UI), and repeat.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  af (CAER)     
39098.333 In reply to 39098.332 
Thing is, in Morrowind most traders had like 2k gold, max, same as SKyrim. But there were a couple who had 50k+ (or whatever). Whereas Skyrim seems not to have that. That sell-wait-sell-wait-sell-wait-buy-sell method becomes a bit impractical when you have 10 million gold's worth of stuff to sell and the trader has 1k of gold.

Having said that, there's fuck all worth paying for in this game so it's not worth it anyway. You can buy a house in every town just from the gold you get directly from chests/quests. Unlike in Morrowind where getting a full set of gear enchanted would cost a few million.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

39098.334 In reply to 39098.333 
Skyrim needs a Mudcrab Merchant (nod)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  af (CAER)     
39098.335 In reply to 39098.334 
Aye, or a scamp. Or a mod :Y
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  261–280  281–300  301–320  321–340  …  761–773

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats