Games (inc Online)Teh Mine

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Mikee     
38140.2505 In reply to 38140.2502 
You did know because I told you several times. I'm pretty sure there were people on the server with us while I was telling you. So claiming not to know is not just lying, it's really dumb lying.

Kev (HardWork) is in that area a lot because we built pretty much all of it together. That sand area is where he tests out circuits for when he's making the very large transportation system he's made for everyone else to use. We keep it clear so he can test stuff out there. He's too polite to mention it which is why I did. Again, this is something you know because, again, I explained it to you in game.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
38140.2506 In reply to 38140.2505 
I've added the minelines map to the first post, do you mind? (I'm thinking in terms of bandwidth because I've directly linked it, though I doubt it'd hurt your allowance)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
38140.2507 In reply to 38140.2506 
Course not. I'll be updating it soon to add the new stuff that's been connected and the Grand Nether Network. I'll overwrite the file when I do.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
38140.2508 In reply to 38140.2505 
So are the days of teh Mine.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

(giggle)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2510 In reply to 38140.2505 
Stop talking shit.

I was told the sand area was for 'testing redstone circuits', so I built one. You didn't want it in front of your machine, so I built it around the back out of your way.

So I built something a respectable distance from any building in what seemed to be a communal building area where I often see lots of people and where some of the buildings even have other peoples names on them.

You told me to move further away, so I moved far enough away for me to be SURE it wouldn't get in the way of your church.

At no point has ANYONE said to me that people have their own large areas. Yeah, you said to find a large open space when I built the tree, so I did. How was I supposed to know you meant a whole fucking island away?

And no, don't flatter yourself. I've built stuff close to where I was stood at the time of deciding to build something.

Either way, there's no point in discussing this any further.

I'm glad to have a map of areas so I can see whether or not one of my buildings may offend someone.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I am now tempted to spend some time building a giant horse with a disproportionately large c**k and.. all that, just to see who finds that offensive.
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
38140.2512 In reply to 38140.2511 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22CiJKq6jhU
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2513 In reply to 38140.2510 
:')

Unbelieiiibklble.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2514 In reply to 38140.2510 
Sorry, no, I tried to restrain myself but I just can't help it.

So you were able to read the signs on peoples' houses saying that x person owns this house. But not able to read the much more prominent signs next to them saying that these are communal houses for people to take?

And you say there were lots of people hanging around the place and don't know who owns it and yet the appropriate synapses didn't fire and make you think "waaait a minute... waaait a minute, I could ASK someone :O :O :O :D (cheer) ".

And you... seemingly deny being told, repeatedly, that you're too close, there's plenty of open space, go find some and building effectively just as close on the other side? Despite lots of people seeing this happen?

I don't really mind you lying and (I hope) feigning stupidity but you're also treating everyone else as if they're stupid too, which is pretty insulting.

Here's how it should've gone:

"Hey Mikee, I kidna have plans for that area, why not go find some empty space to build in - there's lots of it!"

"Oh, hey, sorry! I'll do just that :D"
or "Oh sorry, I didn't realise - mind if I build X over there?"
or "Oh sorry. Got anything you need a hand with?"
or "Oh sorry. What'd be a good place to build? Could you help me look?"

All of these would be normal social interactions. What you did - repeatedly doing the exact same thing after you were asked and had it explained to you, reasonably, many times - was just kinda psychotic.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2515 In reply to 38140.2514 
You said you were thinking of building something where I'd built that tree and said to move to some open space, so I moved to a place that I knew wouldn't get in your way even if you built the biggest garden imaginable.

And no, I didn't think that I should have to ask permission from The Lord Almighty if I could build something that couldn't be in his way even with the wildest stretch of imagination.

I played in the same way as people play on all the other minecraft servers I've played on. You build a building and you make sure it has plenty of space around it so that it doesn't interfere with other peoples buildings.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
38140.2516 In reply to 38140.2511 
I'm tempted to gather loads of TNT and become a Minecraft terrorist :Y

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

IT'S A GAME!!!!! Give me a load of Lego any day, much more fun :-)

Add THE VETOES to your myspace friends!!! Pretty please :D

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2518 In reply to 38140.2515 
Yes yes yes ok. I'm now somehow God just because I object to your desperate attention seeking and refuse to just swallow your bullshit.

First you didn't know. Then you did know but thought you were far enough away. Then you thought it was a communal area. Then you're back to not knowing.

No one in their right fucking mind can think that moving a few metres makes any difference. And, yet again, no one else seems to have had a problem with just being considerate and decent.

I dunno. You happen to build a railway just after there's lots of talk about how cool Kev's railway network is (overlooking the fact that it gets praise because it's genuinely useful and co-operative - it links up all the things people made rather than just being a track to nowhere). Then, just after a few people say the citadel/cathedral/kev's harvester stuff is cool (not because it's anything special, just it's the last big thing built and that always gets a few posts/comments in game) and then you happen to have this desperate need to build stuff around there, despite being asked repeatedly not to just build random stuff there.

I dunno, it just smacks of attention seeking. Which in a way is fine - one of the reasons any of us build stuff is to show off and make people smile or surprise people whatever. But the way you go about it seems to fundamentally misunderstand the collaborative, co-operative, communal nature of the game. Competing for attention rather than making stuff fit together sympathetically.

It's like seeing someone speaking to an audience about something interesting and then standing next to them and just shouting. It's not illegal and you have every right to do it but, regardless of how interesting it is, it's just fucking rude.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

don't be sending people down my way, I have plans for the whole continent, and maybe the one next to it as well :P

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2520 In reply to 38140.2518 
quote:
No one in their right fucking mind can think that moving a few metres makes any difference. And, yet again, no one else seems to have had a problem with just being considerate and decent.

You said you needed space because you might build a garden thing, so I moved out of the way of whatever the fuck it was you had planned to build. WHY CAN YOU NOT SEE THIS?

quote:

I dunno. You happen to build a railway just after there's lots of talk about how cool Kev's railway network is (overlooking the fact that it gets praise because it's genuinely useful and co-operative - it links up all the things people made rather than just being a track to nowhere). Then, just after a few people say the citadel/cathedral/kev's harvester stuff is cool (not because it's anything special, just it's the last big thing built and that always gets a few posts/comments in game) and then you happen to have this desperate need to build stuff around there, despite being asked repeatedly not to just build random stuff there.

I dunno, it just smacks of attention seeking. Which in a way is fine - one of the reasons any of us build stuff is to show off and make people smile or surprise people whatever. But the way you go about it seems to fundamentally misunderstand the collaborative, co-operative, communal nature of the game. Competing for attention rather than making stuff fit together sympathetically.

What the fuck are you on about? The first day I joined I built a railway because that's what I'm pretty sure most people do on the first day they join. It's one of the most interesting parts of the game. I had no idea who built the main railway or when they did it.

When I went exploring I found the harvester which sparked my interest in trying to understand how Redstone works so after Kev showing me some basic stuff I tried to build something.

Are you deliberately acting like an utter dickhead? Or are you so far removed from reality these days that you've become some arrogant twat who is REALLY protective about someone building within walking distance from his pixels in a computer game?

Grow the fuck up
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2521 In reply to 38140.2514 
quote:
I tried to restrain myself but I just can't help it.

Stop being weak-willed and repeating the same boring stuff or I'll build a bunch of big ugly obsidian lumps all over your structures. :@
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2522 In reply to 38140.2515 
quote:
couldn't be in his way even with the wildest stretch of imagination.

Then your imagination sucks.

I can't be arsed checking how many times you moved, but even after the second or third time, it would have been sensible to say "is this far enough?", even if you were certain it was.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
If those two don't stop arguing in a boring and repetitive way (or at least move it to a different thread), can you ban then both from the server? :C
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2524 In reply to 38140.2520 
I've always been an arrogant twat. Which is probably why Patch described the Citadel, when he was helping me build it, as 'a monument to Drew's ego'.

Of course I'm protective of my 'pixels in a computer game'. I've spent a lot of time building it and I've enjoyed making it look just how I want it to look. Right down to the views around it and sculpting the surroundings to give pleasing vistas as you approach it and so on. That's all part of what I've made and yes I'm protective of it - it would be unnatural not to be, I think. And when someone comes along building things I don't like close to it, when there's plenty of empty space to build in, that bothers me.

Other people have, without exception, respected what other people have made. No one else seems to have a problem with this.

If you want to demean me caring about a virtual thing I built then... fine. There's plenty of scope for that argument, but it's a different one.

I've always been an arrogant twat, that's my nature. And you've always been a self-centred, attention craving crybaby, that's your nature. That's one of the very good reasons why we should probably have some distance between our stuff.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  2461–2480  2481–2500  2501–2520  2521–2540  …  3921–3934

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats