Games (inc Online)Teh Mine

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
38140.2485 In reply to 38140.2478 
You left Oscar off that diagram, you elitist /bastard/.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  patch     
38140.2486 In reply to 38140.2485 
OSCAR I AM SORRY!

:'S
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2487 In reply to 38140.2478 
Maybe elitist is the wrong word. But what you've said is exactly what it feels like. What I mean is, if I'm new and I start building and you ask politely that I move (ask, not tell), it can still come across as being told to by someone who was here before me and thus comes across as being more important. That doesn't of course mean they are of course, just that's the way it comes across.

And because there isn't an immediately obvious reason why I'm being "told" to move, just that you might build there, it's makes it confusing.

Maybe being made to feel excluded is a better choice of words.

And I didn't just say it's not easy, I gave a specific example as to why it appears to not be easy.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2488 In reply to 38140.2478 

And me too, with my tiny entrance to f'loads of caves (and lava :C ) and a pointless stairway to the skies, just to the lower left of Lindy :'(

(I AM KIDDING. I don't actually give a sh*t)

[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
38140.2489 In reply to 38140.2487 
I don't know what you're basing this on but none of that is really what happened.

I say again: No one else had a problem with this. Everyone had the decency/social intelligence to either find an empty spot or say "hey, mind if I build x over here?". That's co-operation, and there's nothing remotely elitist about it. It is, quite simply, courtesy. It's not hard.

I didn't just ask Mikee to move without explanation - that's not what happened. I said something very much like: "That's really close to my stuff - why not find an ampty area to build in like everyone else has? There's plenty of empty space out there". He's also not exactly all that new - he knows us all and he build a pretty lengthy railway out into empty space before he started what he's doing now.

There's no rules to this, it's pretty organic and social and co-operative. If you want to know something, you ask and you err on the side of caution where other peoples' stuff is concerned. I wouldn't go and build the Eiffel Tower next to Ken's Space Needle or go and enclose Jon's maze-map in soil or whatever despite there being no rules against doing so.

It just takes a bit of common sense, a bit of courtesy and ... listening when someone tells you something.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
38140.2490 In reply to 38140.2488 
But you're a gypsy, constantly on the move. The whole map is your home, Serg (hug)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2491 In reply to 38140.2484 

You forgot to cram someone in between my old build and you. Hence the new me.

Edit: You can actually mark my old place Tanner's.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
38140.2492 In reply to 38140.2491 
I still don't know what/where that is. The only thing I can see between you and me is ... your VERY OWN SON'S sand house. Do you mean that? :D
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2493 In reply to 38140.2492 
He said it wasn't his. I held his hand and walked him to it and said /is this yours, did you do this/? And he said no. He built on top of my house not over there.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2494 In reply to 38140.2492 
Had it been his I'd have torn it down myself.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
38140.2495 In reply to 38140.2463 
Check Drew's pretty diagram. It's the one up there by itself (for now).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2496 In reply to 38140.2493 
Ahh ok. He said ages ago he was building a sand house near his dad's place so I assumed that was it. It's not been worked on for ages. Prolly would've been ok to remove it.

But yeah, nice to relocate every so often anyway.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2497 In reply to 38140.2496 
I usually only randomly smack the kid every few days, I don't know why he'd lie to me!

Yes, I'm very very pleased being up there. It's a nice area. Full of wildlife and pigs.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2498 In reply to 38140.2497 
Pigs are noble creatures. Not as noble as the curious chicken. But pretty noble.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2499 In reply to 38140.2489 

Again, you're missing the point that I don't know who owns these buildings. I did not know that people 'own' large areas. I explored the citadel and it appeared to be owned by many people. I usually see people hanging around in this general area so assumed this is where people were building things at the moment.

I built my building with more space than any of the space between all the other buildings in the area to make sure that nobody felt it was too close.

You said my tree was too close, which was fine, so I moved out into more space.

Do you see? You seem to be finding this hard to grasp.

I played just how everyone plays on every private server I've played on so far. You build a respectable distance from other peoples buildings so if they wish to expand it you're not getting in the way.

If people prefer to claim large areas on this server, that's fine - just don't act like a dick about it. I can't even SEE the church from that hill when I play on my laptop at home.

Attachments:

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2500 In reply to 38140.2498 
That makes me feel better about eating their bacon.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mikee     
38140.2501 In reply to 38140.2499 

But surely something this would've been better. Still close to everything but it also give /you/ more space as well.

I think people need to build where they can expand into as well. I built a bit out of the way so people wouldn't encroach on my space, as have many people, Jon for example is quite out of the way.

Attachments:

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
38140.2502 In reply to 38140.2501 

Sure - maybe - but I was stood on an ideal hill for what I wanted to build and it seemed far enough away from any other buildings to avoid causing anyone any problems, further than all the other buildings were to each other.

Had I known that entire area was "XENS AREA", I'd have moved away even further, but the majority of the time when I'm in game there's usually 2, 3 or sometimes 4 people stood around in this general area. In fact, HardWork has been in this area more than Xen has the majority of times I go in game.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2503 In reply to 38140.2499 
Again, you're missing the point of: Ask. That's all you had to do.

Again, you're missing the point of: No one else seemed to be befuddled by these normal social interactions.

quote:
built my building with more space than any of the space between all the other buildings in the area to make sure that nobody felt it was too close.

Yeah, all those buildings were built by me (and people who helped). So really you should've been taking the distance between all those buildings and the next 'settlement'. This is where asking comes in.

quote:
You said my tree was too close, which was fine, so I moved out into more space.

No, this is where you're simply lying. You built down on the beach on the other side. And I said "That's really close to my stuff - why not find a nice empty area like everyone else did? There's plenty of it".

And then you moved literally 10 metres away, if that, and built it again. And I said "That's still pretty close to my stuff. There really is a lot of empty space you know - why not go into a genuinely empty area and build your stuff there?".

And then you went to the other side of the city and built a tree made of trees and I said "Mikee, you keep building stuff right next to mine - there really is a lot of empty space out there. Why not go and find some empty land and build your stuff there? I was planning to put a wall down there".

And then you moved a few metres away, I mean literally just a few metres away, and started building a giant sheep. And so I posted here because I was obviously failing to communicate my point somehow.

I really didn't know whether you genuinely don't understand or whether you're just trying to be antagonistic or seeking attention or something.

I really don't get what's so special about building right next to me? I mean there are fucking swathes of empty land out there and yet over and over again you feel the need to build on the 0.01% of the map (that's a guess, and it's probably high) of the map that I occupy? I mean.. once, fair enough. But repeatedly? After being asked several times? Are you in love with me or something?

And I'm the one being the dick? :'D

quote:
I can't even SEE the church from that hill when I play on my laptop at home.

This is pretty typical of the kinda bullshit you're coming out with. I can set my game to minimum view distance and not be able to see your shit from 5 metres away. Is it then ok for me to build a 10m box around it?

I assure you that on the settings I play on, I can see your shit from mine.

Seriously though, why are you repeatedly, despite being asked not to, building your stuff on the tiny little portion of the map I occupy rather than in the vast tracts I don't, other than to be irritating/seek attention?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

38140.2504 In reply to 38140.2502 

Just because someone is there it doesn't mean they're building. I go and visit peoples buildings often.

HardWork builds with Xen most of the time. So "XENS AREA" is more like "XEN and HARDWORKS AREA".

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  2441–2460  2461–2480  2481–2500  2501–2520  …  3921–3934

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats