CodingjQuery

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Drew (X3N0PH0N)     
34725.14 In reply to 34725.11 

I agree with you, for pretty much the same reasons. Plus, I'm anal. I like to be in control, and know that I can write the basic code (even if I've done it many times before). If I were in a production environment it might be different, but I'm not.

By the same token, I eschew PHP class libraries. But, again, my coding is not complex enough to need the crutch.

Perhaps we can be codechums?

some things never change
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
I was leaning (in principle) towards agreeing with you both - I tend not to trust anything I didn't make myself, cos i know what goes where and I know how it all fits together and how/why it works

but then I considered tools, I didn't make my welder, I didn't make my electric drill, I didn't make any of the spanners I have (and a spanner is simple, I could make one)

and I could extend that thinking to my PC, I'd claim to have built it myself, but did I really? or did I just assemble a bunch of stuff others had made? - It is mine, there is no other exactly like it anywhere, but I really didn't actually make any of the bits inside

so, maybe trying to see this jQuery thing as another tool, not really so different to the keyboard / mouse / screen / HD - though a software tool rather than a hardware thingy

blimey, what a ramble ...

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 34725.16 deleted 24 May 2015 18:41 by 53NORTH

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
34725.17 In reply to 34725.14 
(hug) codechum

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Al JunioR (53NORTH)     
34725.18 In reply to 34725.16 
I do not know what a "fleshlite" is, I suspect it's a typo, but I like the image it creates

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 34725.19 deleted 24 May 2015 18:41 by 53NORTH

Reply to All    

1–19

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats