CodingGood free whois webservice?

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Gah! Almost thought I'd found something...

uwhois.com will search all the top-level domains, but (for example) searching for google.com results in a selection of "google.com.and.stuff.here.from.stupid.scammers.com" results.
Possibly still okay for me, but it's not really a reliable check. :/

If I want to do a specific/exact search, I can only check 10 TLDs per request, and three requests in too short a period gets you locked out for a period. :( Searching all 250+ would take /ages/

OOOH! I think www.markmonitor.com is doing good. Still not an actual web service, but it's returning useful results.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)      
34065.5 In reply to 34065.1 
Checks whether a domain has been registered, rather than just doing a DNS lookup? Otherwise you could just do a DNS lookup.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need the money; Work when people are watching.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
34065.6 In reply to 34065.5 
I think specifically registered rather than just a DNS lookup (but not sure at the moment).

This is for my hosting thing - it needs to confirm that people already have a valid domain before signing up, rather than them assuming the domain will be registered on their behalf.
(Which I might look into eventually, but for now I just need the simple path working).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)      
34065.7 In reply to 34065.1 
Reminder to self: read thread before replying...

Personally I use whois.sc which is now part of Domain Tools.
I like it because I can just do http://whois.sc/thedomainiamlookingfor.com

That's only when I want to use a web browser otherwise I use SamSpade.

b0rked
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–7

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats