CodingRendle, Learn me plz.

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Ally     
33880.20 In reply to 33880.19 

SQL 2008? I'm quite happily using 3.5 stuff against SQL 2000 and SQL 2005.

Does the project use any web services or remoting, or involve any kind of workflow? If so, they'd be mental to ignore WCF or WF. Tell them I said so.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need the money; Work when people are watching.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
33880.21 In reply to 33880.20 

My work involves web services. A ruddy great lot of it. That said, I'm coding the front-ends in Flex, so I'm already asking for trouble.

I'm not sure what the issue was with SQL 2008. I think it was the product itself rather than the interaction between the two, but who am I to know, I only use it to store text and draw lines between tables.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ally     
33880.22 In reply to 33880.21 
If:
  • you're a platform decision maker;
  • you're moving to Visual Studio 2008;
  • you're making extensive use of web services;
  • and you're not using Windows Communication Foundation, then you need to seriously consider whether you've made the right career choices, because you're an idiot.

Dance like it hurts; Love like you need the money; Work when people are watching.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
33880.23 In reply to 33880.22 
Perhaps. But then, I have no doubt that I've made the wrong career choices so I don't mind if everyone is like me.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–23

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats