CodingFooter issues in IE7

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I have been playing around with transferring my politics website to a wiki, and i've encountered a design issue with the skin i'm using. The footer doesn't stretch all the way to the right in IE7, as you can see here, but it's fine in Firefox. I contacted the person who designed the skin and she doesn't use IE or any miscrosoft products so can't suggest a fix. She uses the skin on her own site, and it does the same thing there, so it's not caused by any other changes i've made to the CSS.

I tried the obvious adding width: 100% to the CSS, but that didn't change anything.

Anyone have any suggestions re: how to fix this in IE?

Note: On the skin designer's site, she uses the same skin/layout both on HTML pages and wiki pages. On the HTML pages, the footer works properly in IE. It only buggers up on the wiki pages, but i'm not sure what is causing it to do that. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Jo (JELLS)     
33864.2 In reply to 33864.1 
Setting width:100% for an item means 100% of the width of the parent item, before applying margin/padding/borders.

Your parent items don't have a width assigned (though there are some margins which may well need fixing).

Anyway, it might work if you add this CSS:
code:
html,body
{width: 100%;}

body.left #wikifoot
{width: 100%;}

But I'm not certain:100%; and can't verify it at the moment. :)

Eitherway, prod me again later tonight and I can probably give you some CSS that will do a better job.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
33864.3 In reply to 33864.2 

Woo!

That worked! Ta very muchly! If you want to come up with something better, that is entirely up to you - i simply wanted to fix the footer issue, which you have done, so i am happy. :-)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Jo (JELLS)     
33864.4 In reply to 33864.3 
Well I'm getting a horizontal scrollbar, which is probably due to the dodgy margins/paddings used.

I've probably broken something else in the process (:S) but here's a copy of the stylesheets which fixes the horizontal scrollbar - feel free to use/ignore as you see fit.

(And obviously if it does break something else, let me know and I'll fix it.)

:)

Attachments:
layout_common.css
layout_ie.css

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33864.5 In reply to 33864.4 
Ah yes, i hadn't noticed the scroll bars at first (i was in a bit of a rush as i had to leave for an appointment). I will try your stylesheets and see what happens.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33864.6 In reply to 33864.4 

Hi Peter,

I did try your style sheets and they borked the layout in both FF and IE. I don't have time right now as we're going out shortly, but i will try them again later and take screen shots so that you can see what goes wrong. I've reverted to the original style sheets for the moment.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–6

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats