Quick Reply  

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
33076.62 In reply to 33076.61 
Woo, well done.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse      
33076.63 In reply to 33076.56 
I've been contemplating it, since I've got plenty of holiday due, along with the means to get there, the desire to meat some of the funny speaking people, plus I like the sound of waving swords and would like to watch an ant beat up a mouse. :D

But on the other hand it is a long journey, and I'm not yet sure how I feel about that, so put me as possibly maybe for now.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
33076.64 In reply to 33076.63 
Come and we will feed you deep fried sausages and Irn-Bru.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.65 In reply to 33076.56 
Make mine a definitely-unless-something-incredible-happens yes. I've certainly got nowt planned for that weekend anyway!
---

There's 3 types of people. Those who back up their data, those who haven't lost any data yet, and those who really wish they had backed up their data when they had the chance.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.66 In reply to 33076.56 
I like being inevitable.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.67 In reply to 33076.63 
Aye, come on lad. How far is it?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  DrBoff (BOFF)     
33076.68 In reply to 33076.51 
The dog basket is never full.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.69 In reply to 33076.67 
It's 250 miles as the TomTom travels, which it claims would take four hours.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.70 In reply to 33076.69 
That's not bad. Or you could get a train?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.71 In reply to 33076.70 
Train would cost £100+ :(

If I'm going to do it, I'll almost certainly make a holiday out of it and go up for at least a week, so it's not that much travelling from that perspective. I'd just need to make sure I have a break every hour-ish, otherwise my concentration/attention may start wandering, which obviously isn't a good thing on a motorway.

Anyway, I'm going to check with my brother and see what he's doing around that time (he's at uni in Leeds, so would have to visit him if I went up).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.72 In reply to 33076.71 

Bollocks!

You can get a return (well, two singles) for £40 Kings Cross to York. I refuse to beleive it'd cost you over £60 for a return to Kings Cross from Croyden!

Plus if you're under 26 (I think you are?) you can get a Young Persons Railcard for twenty quid which saves you 1/3rd of pretty much all train tickets you buy for the next year.

The noises commonly associated with flatulence are caused by the vibration of the anal sphincter, and not by the buttocks. The sound varies depending on the tightness of the sphincter muscle and velocity of the gas being propelled, as well as other factors such as water and body fat. The auditory pitch (sound) of the flatulence outburst can also be affected by the anal embouchure.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.73 In reply to 33076.71 
But more importabnly, yes come to teh meat!

The noises commonly associated with flatulence are caused by the vibration of the anal sphincter, and not by the buttocks. The sound varies depending on the tightness of the sphincter muscle and velocity of the gas being propelled, as well as other factors such as water and body fat. The auditory pitch (sound) of the flatulence outburst can also be affected by the anal embouchure.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
33076.74 In reply to 33076.72 
That was £100 for two £50 first class singles, from traintimes.org.uk.
Was expecting it to be closer to £70 total, but meh, it'd cost less than £20 in petrol (I think?) and I want to be able to drive that far, it'll just be a bit daunting the first time.

You can have a YPR at 25, but you have to renew it before you're 25, and I forgot to so mine expired in May.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.75 In reply to 33076.74 
I'd guess up to 30 each way for petrol.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
33076.76 In reply to 33076.75 
Really?

Hmmm. 500 miles / 47mpg = 10 gallons = 45 litres @ 90p = £40.

Bah, petrol is too expensive. :(
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.77 In reply to 33076.76 

Welcome to the world of cars!

Should have got a diesel :P

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.78 In reply to 33076.74 

Well I'm not surprised at the cost for a pair of first class singles.

I've just done a search on there for Croydon to York on Saturday and York to Croydon on Sunday. Standard class, no railcard and £21 each way for a total ticket price of £42.

Now book your tickets and get your arse along :)

---

There's 3 types of people. Those who back up their data, those who haven't lost any data yet, and those who really wish they had backed up their data when they had the chance.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
33076.79 In reply to 33076.78 

Hmmmm.

I could possibly make it but i'd have to travel by coach (26.50 return), stay overnight, and possibly be the only sober person apart from PB because of money shortage.

So put me down as a maybe.........

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Voltane     
33076.80 In reply to 33076.79 
Yeah, because people who have little money at Northern meats never end up drunk.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.81 In reply to 33076.80 

I was skint at the last meat and was positevely sober.

I think. Actually, my memory is a bit hazy so I'm not so sure...

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–80  81–100  …  501–518

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats