Teh ForumNorthern Meat (now 10th Nov)

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Mouse      
33076.221 In reply to 33076.1 
So is it definitely absolutely finally the tenth Nov?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
33076.222 In reply to 33076.221 
Well, it might be...
---

The intelligence of American Politics

"Actually I thought we were going to do fine yesterday. Shows what I know!" - George Bush (just after the US mid-term elections)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
33076.223 In reply to 33076.221 

Looks like it. Come along Pete, let's make it a /huge/ meat and show them northeners that they're not alone :{)

(and we're coming along too, 95% sure)

[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL

Right so, I have tried to make the inital post's list up to date. Those still to confirm the new date are:

Andy Caer
Ricard00
bob
Boff
Ant
PB
Rich
Greg

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL

Nyaarrrghhhhh!!!

Don't worry, this isn't a "can we change the date?" Nyaarrrghhhhh, but bloody hell thetrainline.com's getting on my tits today. First time in, it told me there were no trains between Glasgow and York. Then I went in again, and it found some, and let me chose my train, and showed me the ticket prices, and then I decided to see if I could work out how the shopping basket worked, and somehow ended up losing the booking (for future reference, if you get to stage 6 of the booking process, the ticket is added to your basket. That's the ONLY WAY). THEN I went back in, and the ticket I'd booked wasn't available on the train I'd booked it for, but I managed to book another ticket at the same price at something approximating the same train*, tried to pay, and it didn't get to the confirmation screen. Phoned support, they confirmed that payment hadn't gone through, and I should try again. Tried again, got a message saying that payment hadn't been authorised. Tried another card. Same thing. Tried another card. Same thing. Gave up, and I'm going to go and speak to a human being at a train station to see if I can get the tickets I'm after. Useless bastards.

*Original was 9:30 Glasgow -> Edinburgh, 10:30 Edinburgh -> York.
Second attempt was 9:20 Glasgow -> York, which is the same train as gets to Edinburgh at 10:30. Madness.

Kenny
The Wisdom of IMDB Messageboards:
One Night At McCool's

There's one thing I don't understand: Why would Randy and Jewel, for some reason, have sex right at the beginning of the movie?

-- Um, like, are you kidding? Randy sees the golden opportunity (like finding plutonium by accident) and takes it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ)     
33076.226 In reply to 33076.225 
Oh dear.. Could they not do it over the phone?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.227 In reply to 33076.226 
That'd be much too simple. I'm hoping that if I go to a station and talk to a real person, I might actually get somwhere. Last time I went to Dundee, the nice man behind the counter told me it was cheaper to get a single to Perth, and a single from Perth to Dundee than it was to get a single to Dundee. He was right!

Kenny
One Night At McCool's

There's one thing I don't understand: Why would Randy and Jewel, for some reason, have sex right at the beginning of the movie?

-- Um, like, are you kidding? Randy sees the golden opportunity (like finding plutonium by accident) and takes it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.228 In reply to 33076.226 
Ahahah - that's SO last year, get with the Web 2.0 dude. :{)
[...Insert Brain Here...]
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.229 In reply to 33076.226 
Some good news, anyway - now the 27th meat is off, I am doing sound for the heavy metal Abba tribute band after all.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  dyl     
33076.230 In reply to 33076.229 
Woo, I have been telling people about that band. The name alone makes me want to come along.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.231 In reply to 33076.224 
I'm 90% sure I'll be there. :)

Need to check with my brother, book hotel for the preceeding week and reserve the time off work, but that should all be okay.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.232 In reply to 33076.227 

Well, that was interesting. Went to Queen Street station, gave the lovely lady there the sheet of paper I'd printed the times of the trains I was trying to get on, she keyed them into her computer and told me the trains I was trying to get didn't exist. I asked if she could put me onto the nearest existing trains, and she did. What a faff!

Still, I'm all booked up, and will be on the 10:30 from Edinburgh to York (coach G), and the 9:30 to Edinbugger from Glasgow (probably).

Kenny
One Night At McCool's

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.233 In reply to 33076.232 

"The 10.50 train to York, does not exist. Please listen for further anouncements"

Hurrah!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.234 In reply to 33076.232 

Any chance of a note of what trains you're getting and I'll pop into queen street and book myself onto them too?

Cheers!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  craig (CHARTLEY)     
33076.235 In reply to 33076.234 

The outward journey is (09:30) Queen Street to Waverley, then the 10:30 Edinburgh -> York (and I'm in coach G, seat 28). That was £17.50 as a GNER Standard Advance.

Back is the 13:10 Leeds -> York (Coach C, seat 63), then 14:06 York -> Edinburgh (Coach F, seat 35), then whenever from Waverley to Queen Street. It was £27 as a GNER Standard Advance.

Let me know how you get on...

Kenny
One Night At McCool's

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  af (CAER)     
So, can you and Bobbert make the 10th?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.237 In reply to 33076.235 

YOu gits must have got the last of the cheap tickets. My return is £46, and that's with my YP discount card!

Ah well, all in the name of beer...

EDIT: Ah, just noticed that you were quoting prices for each leg of the journey! My total price (cunning use of singles) comes to £38 something. Woo.

EDIT EDIT: This is a really boring post. Sorry.

The noises commonly associated with flatulence are caused by the vibration of the anal sphincter, and not by the buttocks. The sound varies depending on the tightness of the sphincter muscle and velocity of the gas being propelled, as well as other factors such as water and body fat. The auditory pitch (sound) of the flatulence outburst can also be affected by the anal embouchure.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.238 In reply to 33076.224 
I will confirm for the new date. Now if we can just get the trains sorted out! Thanks for all the hard work Kennethness.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
33076.239 In reply to 33076.237 
My original tickets were going to be £38, and then when I went to Queen Street, they started off being £38, but the nice lady realised she'd booked it for October, and had to cancel it. This seemed to involve her printing out about 20 tickets, while a group of Spanish students with backpacks harumphed impatiently behind me.

Kenny
One Night At McCool's

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

33076.240 In reply to 33076.235 
Can i just check? Why is it leeds-york on the way back? Is that how you get back from steeton?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  181–200  201–220  221–240  241–260  …  501–518

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats