CodingPHP freelancer needed

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  milko      
32940.21 In reply to 32940.18 

I don't, as I am most certainly too moody for him. I imagine it will go something like this.

"I need you to make it so when they load the page it says, really loudly, 'Welcome to Uncle Bob's Anal Playhouse!!!'"

"Yeah, I'm not going to do that. That would be retarded and annoying. What if someone's browsing at work? Do you want people to not shop your site when they're on their lunch break at work?"

"Why are you so moody? You're fired!"

--
A tiny flower grows in a meadow.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
32940.22 In reply to 32940.8 
That kind of thinking kept me shoveling chips for over seven pretty much wasted years.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  StarManDazz     
32940.23 In reply to 32940.22 

Thing is, he's right.

Then again, I grew a lot as a person and learned a lot of things as a freelance developer that I'd never have learned (or grown) if I'd stayed in a secure job.

I just never really had much money.

--
A tiny flower grows in a meadow.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42)     
32940.24 In reply to 32940.23 
It's not even a straight choice though really. With even a little bit of motivation it would not be at all hard to do a freelance project or two on the side of the main job while you get yourself a grounding. The freelance then hopefully grows to the point where you have to quit the boring job because the interesting one is making more money and taking more time. But if it doesn't, nothing lost. But yeah, it does need a bit of wanting to do it in the first place.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko      
32940.25 In reply to 32940.24 
I reckon the real reason is that Matt doesn't actually know any PHP. Everyone knows the Beehive code is nicked off Webvelosix.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
32940.26 In reply to 32940.25 
It's all Perl. And there is no database, it's all text files.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
32940.27 In reply to 32940.26 
I knew it! Although if it were true I'm sure that the server spec would need to be upped somewhat...
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
32940.28 In reply to 32940.27 
he secretly spends almost everything he earns on the server farm.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–28

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats