KTHXBYE

Gotta love the use of BTW for comments :D
Caer
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  af (CAER)     
32692.2 In reply to 32692.1 

I like "O NOES" to catch exceptions.

I'm going to have to try the .NET implementation.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  af (CAER)     
32692.3 In reply to 32692.2 

It just looks like MSIL to me :)

Have you looked through some of the keywords? :D

GTFO = break out of innermost loop

LOL MYAGE R 5 = Assigns 5 to variable MYAGE

and the best keyword:

N = ... ?

Also... There'll be a .NET compiler :D http://www.lolcode.com/implementations/lolcode.net

Great find Andy :D

Rich - e - w - m
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Rich     
32692.4 In reply to 32692.3 
I like the switch conditional in the 1.1 recommendation:
code:
WTF COLOR   BTW could be WTF IZ COLOR or WTF COLOR? or WTF IZ COLOR?
      OMG R
          VISIBLE "RED FISH"
          GTFO
      OMG Y
          VISIBLE "YELLOW FISH"
      OMG G
      OMG B
          VISIBLE "FISH HAS A FLAVOR"
          GTFO
      OMGWTF
          VISIBLE "FISH IS TRANSPARENT"
OIC

(giggle)
Caer
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Is it just me going WTF is "VISIBLE" doing there?

Couldn't they have a simple "SAY" or something?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
32692.6 In reply to 32692.5 
FFS MUST YOU FIND FAULT WITH EVERYTHING?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  THERE IS NO GOD BUT (RENDLE)     
32692.7 In reply to 32692.6 
OMG MUST YOU BE ANGRY WITH EVERYTHING?

I don't think being baffled by the word "visible" being used in a language built deliberately with short informal terms is finding a fault - it's pointing out a blatantly obvious one.

And for proof that it's not just me:
quote: danfuzz
I know it’s part of the original example, but “VISIBLE” doesn’t scream LOLCODE at me. How about something like "<destination> SEEZ <expression>[!]" where <destination> is the output stream

quote: Reverend Loki
I also am not enamored with this use of the VISIBLE keyword. ... Personally I’d like to see something based off of the “LET ME SHOW YOU MY <output>" for this. Yeah, too wordy, but it’s a start.

etc.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32692.8 In reply to 32692.7 

We in the Tory Party have struggled long and hard to work ourselves up into a foaming rage about most things - some of them quite trivial - and I'll thank you not to look askance at our efforts.

On this occasion, Rendle has quite rightly brought you up short for being generally pissy about everything recently. What's with that? Do you need defragging or rebooting, or something?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Sulkpot     
32692.9 In reply to 32692.8 
Has somebody moved the PB-AI to Vista or something? I think he might have an IRQ conflict because he's been quite IRQsome lately.

(oh yes he did)

Rich - e - w - m
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Sulkpot     
32692.10 In reply to 32692.8 
Hmmm, haven't noticed it but there have been things at work recently that probably put me in a bad mood.
I'll try to avoid a full-blown rant here... ...heh, and I completely failed that (several times). Ok, here's the short version...

I've been spending lots of time working on the production/fulfillment side of the system, learning from lots of problems and mistakes, spending time with production people understanding how they work, and basically having a good idea of the current process and how things can be fixed and fit better with how the production people work.
And despite all that, I don't get included in meetings discussing how to get production running and the backlog cleared, and then I find out I'm being sent to the production office without any warning. Twice. (the first time they appeared to be planning for me not to have lunch, the second time I only find out because the network guy was telling me what time the taxi was booked for!)
And despite me pointing out it's entirely counter-productive (to send me from a nicely designed calm working place where I've got an efficient desk setup across to a noisy production office with difficult to use machines, crappy chairs and odd tasting tea, only to Remote Desktop back across a slow network to my main machine and work on coding issues) I still have to go because they want to be seen to be doing something.

So yeah, normally where I work things might be hindered a bit by pointlessness, but it's not that bad, and things that might involve me tend to actually be discussed with me.
Made me angry that I wasn't consulted or properly informed about stuff that both directly affects me and I am very central to, and I guess that could've affected my posting.

*looks at time*

Yikes, that's nearly two more hours wasted due to the stupidness.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32692.11 In reply to 32692.10 
Yeah, it's galling: and ultimately, the reason I set up my own business. It's hard enough, not understanding or agreeing with the decisions that determine the course of your company - doubly so when it involves irrational and unexplained changes to the course of you.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
32692.12 In reply to 32692.11 

Ah. This would describe my position well.

It's like I've got a pair of sticks here in Montreal and the other end is in Toronto and I have to work out everything I do using just the sticks. Fun!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–12

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats