CodingStopping External Links

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

Hello Code Fans,

I have recently started popping audio samples if instruments on my work's website.  It's smashing, check this Freshman FA300-JEM played by one of our annoyingly talented guitar teachers.  Now, I've noticed quite a few people selling stuff on ebay who direct link to our photos which we do uselves which is annoying, but i will be more annoyed if people start doing it to these audio samples.  So is there some simple html that will stop people being able to directly link to the file?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
32134.2 In reply to 32134.1 

Yes.

Depending on the type of web server software you're running, there'll be something which lets you define the behaviour depending on the http referrer, so that you can prevent remote linking or change remote links to use a different image/sound.

Here's an old tutorial about how to do it in Apache, although I'm sure there's more up-to-date info elsewhere:
http://apache-server.com/tutorials/ATimage-theft.html

Kenny
The Wisdom of YouTube comments:
Bright Eyes - When The President Talks To God
Not bad. I thought this song might be anti-God, but it seems more to be against the president, which is cool by me.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ)     
32134.3 In reply to 32134.2 

Ooo, changing the sound file an external linker links to might be fun.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.4 In reply to 32134.3 
What better reason do you need to compose the Theme From Assbox?

Kenny
Not bad. I thought this song might be anti-God, but it seems more to be against the president, which is cool by me.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.5 In reply to 32134.4 
None at all Kenneth.  Or maybe just get all the staff to collectively "Der-derdle-der-derrrr-derr" Ride of the Valkyries.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.6 In reply to 32134.5 
That could work. To be honest, in my head, The Theme From Assbox sounds sort of like a cross between Ride of the Valkyries, On Her Majesty's Secret Service and The Theme From Shaft, all performed on kazoo and Der-derdle-der-derrrr-derr.

Kenny
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.7 In reply to 32134.6 
Changing it to an MP3 with Kazzoos on it!  That might be a step to far actually.  Bit too evil.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.8 In reply to 32134.7 
Evil would be banjos.

Kenny
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.9 In reply to 32134.8 
A banjo, kazzo and Tebeten SInging bowl orchestra of some kind I tihnk is on the cards.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.10 In reply to 32134.7 
change it to a fart
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ben (BENLUMLEY)     
32134.11 In reply to 32134.10 
Jesus Fuck, Ben, Jesus *Fucking* Fuck.

We're talking about doing the Theme From Assbox with kazoos, banjos, Tibetan Singing bowl orchestras and Motherfucking Japanese War Tubas, and the best you can manage is a /fart/?

In the words of the late, great Buddy Rich:

You guys are gonna be back in New York on the bread line so fast you won't even know that you were on this fuckin' band. How dare you play a fuckin' set like that. Since when did the fuckin' trumpet players become the leader of this fuckin' band and decide how long they're gonna hold a chord? What the fuck do you think your doin'? You think you're playin' with some kid up there? I expect one-hundred-and-ten percent fucking perfection every fuckin' tune, you got that? If you can't do it, get off my fuckin' band to-NIGHT! You had a day off yesterday and you come back like this and you suck! What the fuck kind of music do you think you're playing here anyhow? And who do you think you're playing for? You think I'll tolerate that shit? You're worse than any fuckin' high school band I ever heard. You come in wrong because you leave one fuckin' beat out, you can't find one!? I don't know what kind of drummers you think you're playin' with, but you'll play with me or you'll get out! And I mean NOW! I don't need this shit. I have a home in Palm Springs and I can go sit on my ass the rest of my life and not worry about a fuckin' thing...and don't have to meet your fuckin' payroll, and pay you for playin' like a fuckin' high school dropout! How dare you do that! ASSHOLES!! You can't play a simple fuckin' tune; you can't hold a chord; you can't play time when you play solos. What kind of solos am I hearing tonight? (as he turns to the Trombonist) You want to rehearse and practice, get a fuckin' band in Sydney and play the kind of shit you want. Over here you play TIME!!

Kenny
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.12 In reply to 32134.11 
Haha ace. I sell books by him. "Buddy Rich's Drum Rudiments", possibly the driest tuition book ever. Although it does feature a rudiment called a "Flatamacue" which is a good word.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.13 In reply to 32134.11 

wrong.

a fart is one of the funniest things ever

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.14 In reply to 32134.13 

It's the lowest form of wit.

Of course, that means that when someone tells you that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, you can ask them to pull your finger and you'll get a laugh, but all the same...

Kenny
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.15 In reply to 32134.13 
When I am ready, I will post a compressed audio file of my staff doing some kind of anti external link song using kazzos, banjos tibeten bowls and mouths and you post a a compressed audio file of your bum and we'll launch a poll.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.16 In reply to 32134.15 
excellent.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

32134.17 In reply to 32134.14 

i don't think you can call it wit. wit implies that some thought went into it. farts are a more basic level of humour.

they are just funny, whatever. FACT.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–17

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats