CodingEmail contact forms

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
31245.19 In reply to 31245.18 

I can understand why they do it this way - if other missions are like our office, the people in charge of the websites are totally clueless. I'm the most knowledgeable person in our office when it comes to this stuff, and that's not saying much! Prior to me being handed this stuff, it was the JET programme coordinator who took care of teh website and i use that phrase loosely. They were never hired because they knew anything about websites - they were only informed after being hired that they had to also do the website.

So yeah, the ministry is probably right to severely limit what can be uploaded. The irony is that every year they ask us to provide stats about how the site is used - we can't generate any of those reports! Their own tech people could, however...

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Jo (JELLS)      
31245.20 In reply to 31245.19 
Then convince them to hire someone who knows what they're doing to work there.

Infact, get them to pay me $110k a year and I'll do it. :)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
31245.21 In reply to 31245.18 
FYI - i registered with that remote-hosted CGI site and have tried a test form to see what it's like. I think it looks fine - no ads, no pop-ups, only a small mention of the service. If i can get it to work in Japanese too, i may give it a go.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats