CodingWebsite test help

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Hello hello.

I run the pool ladder in my college and fa-diddle the associated website. I had a bit of a re-write over the summer, and now I have a (small) number of people complaining they cannot see the ladder on the ladder page. Seems to only be IE6 and IE7, but like I say, only a very small number of people, so might go wobbly in Firefox and that, too.

Anywho, I got one of them to save the source html for said page, and I have uploaded it here for you all to a) look at and see if it displays and b) see why it might be not displaying. It doesn't work if they view as pyramid either, which is odd, as the bulk of the HTML changes then.

Anything obvious I've missed?

Cheers, my collective dears.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Rowan     
31130.2 In reply to 31130.1 

I've just had a look in IE7 and see nothing at all on the page. Not even any text.

Looks OK in Firefox tho.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31130.3 In reply to 31130.1 
I can't see anything in IE either - just a plain sky blue background.

Firefox seems fine.

My suggestion would be to fix the code first, and see if the problems magically go away. (I've had that happen twice in the past week.)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31130.4 In reply to 31130.1 
You have a sod load of errors in the page. I wouldn't be surprised if they have something to do with the page not displaying in IE.

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
31130.5 In reply to 31130.4 

Does seem plausible, doesn't it? Okay, well, I'll try and find a bit of time to first read and then fix up said code.

Ta all.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 31130.6 deleted 8 Nov 2006 13:29 by SIRBEX

To:  Bex (SIRBEX)     
:O

How dare you delete while I'm pointing out you're wrong!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
31130.8 In reply to 31130.7 
Haha :Y I'm calling in the Isa Defence. I'm really fucking ill, so my brain is mush. I thought it was too easy!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL

Well, I found time this afternoon. Problem stemmed from me having a <script/> tag in the head, and no doctype declared. Firefox is cool with that, but IE's default doctype doesn't like XHTML, and in an attempt to make sense of my code put the entire site inside a big <script></script> thingy in the head, and created a new, empty body. Exciting.

Just in case anyone was wondering.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

31130.10 In reply to 31130.9 
Where was it - down the back of the sofa?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
31130.11 In reply to 31130.10 
No, I'd kept a bit back from last year in a secure, clealry marked box, which I then put somewhere safe and promptly forgot about it. It was only when I was rooting around the bottom of my wardrobe after a fallen cuff link that I rediscovered it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–11

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats