CodingSearch database?

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I have a quotations section on my website that is currently "organised" into 6 very general sections. However, i would like the quotes to be far more searchable - by category (such as Canada > politics > elections), keywords etc. - just like you can do on sites like ThinkExist.com.

I'm assuming this would involve lots of stuff i know virtually nothing about like databases and PHP or MySQL or something. Does anyone know of any programs out there that already do this?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Jo (JELLS)     
31039.2 In reply to 31039.1 
It requires server-side scripting, yeah. It wouldn't definitely have to be PHP/etc, but if that's what your host already supports it makes sense to go down that route.

You could have a look at Zend_Search_Lucene, which is a PHP port of Lucene, which is a popular search thingy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Jo (JELLS)     
31039.3 In reply to 31039.1 
you can use google to search your site (well, either your site or the www), have a look here

of course, this may not be to your taste.

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
31039.4 In reply to 31039.3 
I have google search on the site itself already. I just want people to be able to search the quotes separately.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
31039.5 In reply to 31039.2 
Thanks... Looks... complicated. But then, i figured it would be.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–5

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats