CodingExcel and duplicate lines

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

I'm currently scanning our network for software installs to make sure we're licence-compliant but I have to do several scans to make sure I get all the laptops that come and go, those that didn't respond because of firewalls etc. which leaves me with several Excel sheets I need to merge with a lot of the same data. Is there an easy way to remove duplicate rows in Excel where /all/ the cells are the same?

I will eventually be databasing the living /shit/ out of it, but it would be far easier for me if I have Excel sheet right before I upload it.

TIA
MIA
BYOB

A Catholic, a Muslim and a Jew walked in to a bar.
What a wonderful example of social integration.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  -Daz-     
30446.2 In reply to 30446.1 
Data>Filter>Advanced Filter has a "Unique records only" option, but I've never been able to get that to work in a helpful way myself.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
30446.3 In reply to 30446.2 
Ooooh, sounds promising. Ta.

A Catholic, a Muslim and a Jew walked in to a bar.
What a wonderful example of social integration.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

30446.4 In reply to 30446.1 
if you can get your mitts on excel 2007, it has a button called 'remove duplicates' which 'removes duplicate rows from a sheet'. Might do the trick?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

30446.5 In reply to 30446.3 
I tried to do something like that with Excel and did something like what Peter says, except the filter doesn't delete anything it just hides them.

The only way I could actually delete the duplicates was to do the filter then copy and paste the result into another spreadsheet, which seemed kinda gay. But then maybe I was doing it wrong.

ian gunn
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ian     
30446.6 In reply to 30446.5 
quote:
But then maybe I was doing it wrong.

Tut tut.

Rule of Computing #11: Never blame yourself when Microsoft software is involved.

;)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 30446.7 was deleted

Reply to All    

1–7

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats