TechnicalThe PC Thread

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
28467.121 In reply to 28467.120 
Is it a laptop? That happens with daughter's laptop keyboard. It had a liquid event (not water, a putrid type) though I cleaned it right away and dried it out with compressed air, can't get rid of the mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm problem.

Did you ever see such a messed up situation in your whole life, son?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
28467.122 In reply to 28467.115 
Well, I'd bet you always perform proper backups, but I don't often. Never anything mission critical on my box so I haven't mush been bothered by it.

I did however find out the hard way what happens when SSDs go tits up. You can't recover any data from them. At least not at my level on my SSDs. Perhaps newer ones have the ability, but I lost everything. Luckily, nowt but the OSes lived on my 2 SSDs, I had a mag for data. Something to consider.

The Adata drives I bought were fast but didn't last. They were warrantied for three years and didn't make it quite that far. Probably should have purchased better quality, but at the time I thought they were fine, were reviewed well.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  fixrman     
28467.123 In reply to 28467.121 
NNo, on mmy mobile.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
28467.124 In reply to 28467.123 
It's like your phone has a stutter. You should get it some speech therapy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  fixrman     
28467.125 In reply to 28467.122 
back...ups? What are they?

I don't use the SSD for the Documents folder or anything like that. It's the system drive and a few programs. I dunno, normal hard drives that actually break are probably quite hard to recover data from too I'd have thought, at least without paying a lot of money. 
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
28467.126 In reply to 28467.125 
Ha! How I missed this I do not know.

There are certain HDD failures that one can quite easily recover backups from, but SSDs (at least ones from a couple of years ago) did not have that capability.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  …  81–100  101–120  121–126

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats