GeneralCracked my ball

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  william     
2226.2378 In reply to 2226.2377 

As in the guy with the Dennis the Menace sig?

I don't remember you from there, only from here. You've really been here for 6 years? Wow.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  dyl     
2226.2379 In reply to 2226.2378 
We've been here for 6 years? Wow.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.2380 In reply to 2226.2377 

I haven't been back for years, since not long after they split from Delphi. Clive's still going strong is he? Fantastic. I only ever understood about 30% of what he wrote. I wonder if he's like he writes in real life.

I don't even know where they are now! :(

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  dyl     
2226.2381 In reply to 2226.2378 
That's the one.

And yes, more than six years in fact. That was just back to a point in this thread.

First post of mine I can find is Jan 2003 but I know I posted earlier than that - it was some comment about lurking.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD)     
2226.2382 In reply to 2226.2380 
They're still with Delphi.

The split never really got going - there's a rather sad Beehive forum somewhere (apart from this one) with six months between visits.

Clive's still going strong.

I wondered what happened to Hawk ( do you remember him?). He was one of the earliest non-UK-magazine-buyers to join the forum. He was in his late 60s and lived alone somewhere in a desert in Texas. Had trouble getting his "meds."

If you're keen they're mainly here
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.2383 In reply to 2226.2382 
Yve still goes there. She knows the history a lot better than me.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
When did Teh first launch? Is the database here complete (i.e. message 1.1 the first ever message on Teh Forum), or did we lose/move at some point?

The Seventh Posture of Burton's translation of The Perfumed Garden is an unusual position not described in other classical sex manuals. The receiving partner lies on their side. The penetrating partner faces the receiver, straddling the receiver's lower leg, and lifts the receiver's upper leg on either side of the body onto the crook of penetrating partner's elbow or onto the shoulder. While some references describe this position as being "for acrobats and not to be taken seriously," others have found it very comfortable, especially during pregnancy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
2226.2385 In reply to 2226.2384 
pretty sure we've had a database loss at some point.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.2386 In reply to 2226.2384 
quote:
i.e. message 1.1 the first ever message on Teh Forum

What's the betting it'll have been that bloody Matt? You'd have thought he made the place, the way he yacks on.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.2387 In reply to 2226.2384 
We've lost the database once, maybe twice.

It's twice if we went from Izzy to LP's mate Nick to Dan Mohammed to EuroVPS, but I can't remember if it was that or Izzy > Dan Mohammed > LP's mate > EuroVPS or even if there was another host between LP's mate and EuroVPS, which I think there was but I can't remember who.

Anyway, the one time I remember us loosing the database was after Izzy changed his job and his previous employer decided they didn't want us free-loading of their hosting any more, but due to having no contact with them we weren't able to get a copy of it and were forced to start afresh.

And Teh has been around since Beehive 0.1 pretty much, although ran in parallel to the old NPCFF. Before it was tehforum.co.uk, it was bigbeigebox.net if I remember correctly.

Someone should have written all this down :(

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
2226.2388 In reply to 2226.2387 
Looks like May/June 2002, judging by the posts on NPCFF. Can't find the 'launch' thread, though.

That's amazing. 7 years in the wild and still going strong. Bet Mikee feels stupid now :D

The Seventh Posture of Burton's translation of The Perfumed Garden is an unusual position not described in other classical sex manuals. The receiving partner lies on their side. The penetrating partner faces the receiver, straddling the receiver's lower leg, and lifts the receiver's upper leg on either side of the body onto the crook of penetrating partner's elbow or onto the shoulder. While some references describe this position as being "for acrobats and not to be taken seriously," others have found it very comfortable, especially during pregnancy.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.2389 In reply to 2226.2388 

Reckon this was the start?

http://forums.delphiforums.com/notpcformat/messages?msg=11983.1

I vaguely vaguely remember bigbeigebox.

Which of the following would you most prefer?
A: a puppy,
B: a pretty flower from your sweety, or
C: a large properly formatted data file?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
2226.2390 In reply to 2226.2389 

That looks like it!

How did you get back to that thread? I couldn't work out how to get older threads to display :$

Anyway, looks like Teh's 10th Birthday is 1st of June 2012. Meat?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.2391 In reply to 2226.2390 

Dunno, just kept muttering and clicking randomly.

I also discovered it's still possible to order Xen's Pockets merchandise.

http://www.cafepress.com/pockets

:o

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
heh heh - I found a thread where milko says no-one can ever be trusted to be a moderator

Jon
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
2226.2393 In reply to 2226.2392 
Awww, look at everyone desperately wanting to be a mod.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
2226.2394 In reply to 2226.2392 
haha, check me out being a naysayer throughout the thread. DOOOM I tell you! Mind you it was a much harder job back in those days, so many more people coming through and so many more looking for trouble.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.2395 In reply to 2226.2389 
Wow, I can't believe Delphi still doesn't sync the thread list to the message pane when you have enter the forum with a msg id in the URL :D

doohicky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
2226.2396 In reply to 2226.2395 
It's gash. I'm glad we've got Beehive.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.2397 In reply to 2226.2389 
Sadly, I couldn't remember who the OP was until I read my reply #14. I thought it might be Simon. (fail)

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  2321–2340  2341–2360  2361–2380  2381–2400  …  2561–2579

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats