GeneralCracked my ball

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
1961 sees the arrival of me!

who is responsible for the content of external internet sites ?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 2226.1962 was deleted

2226.1963 In reply to 2226.1962 

Okay, 1963 and the Russians put the first woman into space, whilst the US put the first zip codes on envelopes and makes anything they can think of relating to Cuba illegal. Over in Vietnam, American-supported Diem's policies are proving so popular that monks take to burning themselves alive, but it's okay, because he's assasinated in a military coup shortly after. Not to be outdone, JFK gets himself killed, too, leaving Lyndon B Johnson (who's entire family's initials were LBJ. Including the dog.) to carry forward Kennedy's policies and advisors (like friendly McNamara).

Meanwhile, in Britain, the first episode of Doctor Who is shown.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Rowan     
2226.1964 In reply to 2226.1963 
1964, and a British firm sells Cuba 450 buses, whilst saying " (giggle) " at America. There's a second military coup in S. Vietnam, and a different general gets power. Cuba cuts off the water supply to Guantanamo Bay, claiming that the Americans were "being dicks". Italy asks the world if anyone has any bright ideas how to stop the Tower of Piza from falling over. Some American ships sink in the Gulf on Tonkin, as are some North Vietnamese subs; things are slightly hazy as to what really happened, but it doesn't matter - the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, passed a few days later, gives LBJ permission to do what he fancies, in regards to Vietnam. Then he wins the election, so he doesn't feel bound to JFK's policies any more, but, oh, darn, he finds he can't change his position on anything now, without looking like a prat, so he just decides to bomb everything, instead.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Rowan     
2226.1965 In reply to 2226.1964 

1965 was a boring year. Probably gearing people up. Oh yeah, Singapore gained independence.

1965/1966 was the season Liverpool won another league title under Bill Shankly, reaching a UEFA Cup final - losing to Monchengladbach (I think) and started the ball rolling for...

If you want something badly, oppose it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

The major love in with Russia.

Well, Azerbaijan. But who cares. England won the World Cup and the Sun rejoiced.
And would cram it down the throat of pretty much anyone who could speak English for the next 40 years or so.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Some ragheads didn't like some other semi ragheads. Bitchslapping ensued and people are still feeling sore.

And Concorde was unveiled towards the end of the year. Hurrah.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

1967 sees Donald Campbell die while attempting a water speed record on Coniston Water.

Parliament of the United Kingdom decides to nationalize 90% of British steel industry.

Supertanker Torrey Canyon runs aground off Lands End, English Channel.
(ffs. I remember this !)

Harold Wilson announces that United Kingdom has decided to apply for EEC membership
(muppet)

British parliament decriminalizes homosexuality

In Gibraltar, only 44 out of 12.182 voters support union with Spain.

Mariner 5 probe flies by Venus

The Concorde is unveiled in Toulouse, France
(aarrgghh, I remember this too !)

who is responsible for the content of external internet sites ?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  JonCooper     
2226.1969 In reply to 2226.1968 

It's 1969, OK?
All across the USA.
It's another year for me and you,
Another year with nothing to do.

Except, if you're Iggy Pop, in which case you and your merry band of Stooges will release your self-titled album and scare America with your peanut butter chucking antics.

Kenny
The Wisdom of Amazon Customer Reviews:
(Sudden Cardiac Arrest would be a bit redundant, anyway. I mean, in medical terms "sudden" is synonymous with "acute," which is the opposite of "chronic." It's not like anyone is in a state of CHRONIC Cardiac Arrest. That's called "dead." The closest thing would be Congestive Heart Failure, which can be either chronic or acute, and if that's something you need to worry about, then your doctor's already told you everything you need to know.)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ)     
2226.1970 In reply to 2226.1969 
1970 and taste leaves the building. George Best is declared a doyen of fashion, the maxi skirt sweeps the mini aside (though in some cases this is not necessarily a bad thing), Gimme Dat Ting by the Pipkins breaks large in the charts, Airport, Myra Breckinridge and Percy are packing them in at the box office. Josie and Pussycats teaches a television generation the value of processed pop, shit animation and lippy.

No wonder Mark Rothko commits suicide.

My willy is bigger than yours.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I WAS BORN!!!!!!¬!¬!¬!¬!!!!!

<!-- begin sig...

sig

// -- end sig -->
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Darren     
2226.1972 In reply to 2226.1971 
ME TOO!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 2226.1973 was deleted

To:  Mr (M00RL0CK)     
2226.1974 In reply to 2226.1973 
1974. Oxford Bags reached epic proportions, being basically twin leg-skirts. "The Sting" won some award or other. Mark Rendle's father had been saving hard for a Tin Can Alley game for his son, but these plans were shelved following an unusually large tax bill. I went to Art School in London with a full grant. "Far Away is Close at Hand in Images of Elesewhere" it said on the way into Paddington Station.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
2226.1975 In reply to 2226.1974 
1975 brings us the Helsinki Accords, Pol Pot taking over Cambodia, and apparently Jaws was the most popular film that year! dadumdadumdaumdadumDADUMDADUMetc
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Serg (NUKKLEAR)     
2226.1976 In reply to 2226.1975 
1976 saw lovely Mr Steve Jobs introducing the Apple II, and people were watching "One Flew Over a Cuckcoo's Nest".
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.1977 In reply to 2226.1976 
And in 1977, CRAY 1 was shipped, Concorde made its first flight (London - New York), Mr Grechko had the first spacewalk, it was the first time Alaska had oil come out of it via the Alaska pipeline, and Voyager 2 is launched, amongst other things.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.1978 In reply to 2226.1977 
1978 sees two equally important events, the first test tube baby born in Britain, and Taito (Japan) develops SPACE INVADERS 8-O .
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.1979 In reply to 2226.1978 

And not so long ago in 1979, soviet forces invade Afghanistan, Mrs Thatcher becomes Great Britain's first female Prime Minister, an American Airlines DC10 crashes in Chichago shortly after takeoff, China invades Vietnam, and Skylab dies the same death as Mir did really.

And, MOST IMPORTANTLY, Nazi-modding begins and so do various stories of arms with the birth of Milko.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

2226.1980 In reply to 2226.1978 

First you missed Star Wars. Then you miss my birth!

Fuck, he's made it worse and done 1979 too.

Alright then:

Darrell Porter had an RBI of 51 for the Kansas City Royals.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  1921–1940  1941–1960  1961–1980  1981–2000  …  2561–2579

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats