weird comedy

To: ALL1 of 9
Over the years there have been dozens of TV comedy series that dealt with weird or supernatural themes. There are obvious things like Bewitched or the Adams Family etc. and others where there's just a hint of the supernatural like Northern Exposure. Somewhere in the middle are a crop of series where more or less normal people meet the weird and wonderful but go on being normal people. I keep thinking of the idea of Magic Realism, although that's not quite right. Examples of what I mean are Dead like me, Wonderfalls, and Pushing Dasies. Dead like me has got to be one of my favourite TV shows ever.

Any recommendations that might make me happy?
To: william (WILLIAMA) 2 of 9
What We Do In The Shadows. Which is mostly about silly vampires leading sort of normal lives but they do intersect with normal people sometimes. The serieses get great, the movie is great. It's not what you are asking for really, but it's worth a recommend anyway.

To: milko 3 of 9
I did see the movie. I shall give the series a try. Thank you.
To: milko 4 of 9
It's an awesome movie and series. Another one with a similar premise I quite liked, though not nearly as weird, or good, is Being Human.
To: milko 5 of 9
Vampires and werewolves!
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 6 of 9
Yes, I watched Being Human and enjoyed it. The production throughout was a bit clunky and it often had that am-dram feeling that seems to be compulsory for some BBC shows, which I imagine is lack of cash and doing everything in one take. It also suffered with cast changes as in "and then they all died". Still liked it. 

To: william (WILLIAMA) 7 of 9
...but not comedy. What we do in the shadows is proving fun.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 8 of 9
if you enjoy the 'energy vampire' one, check out "Kenny Strasser" doing yo-yo things on various US local news programmes from his earlier career, there's a few bits on youtube and it's good stuff.

As far as WWDITS I feel a bit shallow about it but I mainly just want to watch Matt Berry wander about shouting. Luckily there's lots else that is good as well.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 9 of 9
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency sounds right on the money.

Not quite supernatural but definitely weird (and brilliant): Deadloch