The Sins (2000) TWR

To: ALL1 of 8
Pete Postlethwaite deploys his full acting range, to stunning effect.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dQSfwJ77lS4
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 2 of 8
I haven't seen any of this series although it's quite possible that I watched it at the time and have forgotten all about it (very busy back then). He was a wondeful actor and I can't think of anything he was bad in. His face was apparently decribed as being like a stone archway or a bag of spanners and he was the kind of actor who could easily have been doomed to playing "man with sawn-off shotgun" if he hadn't been so brilliant.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 3 of 8
It's an interesting series, with humour, pathos and profundity shading into schmaltz, happy endings, everyone wiser and happier for overcoming sin of the week. Very strong supporting cast. The scenario is utterly absurd, but Pete carries it off without batting an eye.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 8
You have convinced me. 

Now all I have to do is ask Jim for a copy and watch it.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 5 of 8
Well, Jim was sorry but he didn't have a copy. Nor is it available online. So I took a punt on a pre-loved DVD from ebay. I'm sure it'll be worth it.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 6 of 8
Sadly, it was so loved previously that they could only bear to part with the second of the two DVDs which should have been in the box. I'll have to see what they do about it. Meanwhile I have episodes 5,6, and 7.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 7 of 8
Oof. Well you'll at least have a pretty good idea of what the other eps are like (it is a sitcom).
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 8 of 8
They've refunded me (and I get to keep the 1/2 set). 

Incidentally, there's a quote on the DVD case that's probably as good as it gets for an actor.
Quote: 
Pete Postlethwaite is probably the best actor in the world - Steven Spielberg