Shadow In The Cloud (2020) TWR

To: ALL1 of 11
Strange as fuck, and all the more amusing for it.

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 2 of 11
I actually have this film on some variety of disk, but have never watched it. Birthday present from No. 1 daughter a year or so back. Should I clamber up to the attic to dig it out?
To: william (WILLIAMA) 3 of 11
Yes.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 4 of 11
On today's list then. See if there are any others while I'm at it, then stick it on Plex.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 5 of 11
Have you watched it yet?
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 6 of 11
Not yet. Turned out to be a blu ray which I've stuck on Plex (having retired the player which was hanging off the TV). 

*watched Metropia though. Weird in a very good way.
EDITED: 15 Feb 17:04 by WILLIAMA
To: william (WILLIAMA) 7 of 11
I have to credit Mrs.D who dredges up all this weird stuff I never even heard of through her "Best of [genre]" google searches.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 8 of 11
OK. Fun, but so determined to be abstracted from normal story telling, but at the same time comment on feminist tropes but also stay loyal to somebody's brilliant idea about what-if-gremlins-were-real, that it kind of lost sight of its own arse. 
To: william (WILLIAMA) 9 of 11
All true, and it only serves to amp up the kooky nightmare weirdness. I thought its main weakness was the bomber crew, but they were rather quickly dispatched for their tedious misogynist transgressions. The nonstop stunts and fx were truly amazing and truly ridiculous. At only 90-minutes long it knew when to to stop, unlike so many of these things.
EDITED: 17 Feb 11:48 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 10 of 11
I may have taken a glass too many, but I felt I needed just a fraction more coherence to the story. And maybe a bit more decision making about what its aims were. Special effects were pretty good. More so if you consider it had a (comparatively) low budget. Suitably daft, e.g. falling out of plane, landing on exploding fighter, being blown back through bomb bay. But "good ideas" were uncritically included and a stronger hand was needed in the editing suite.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 11 of 11
It's a film about motherhood. The baby macguffin was inspired.