Shane MacGowan him gorn

To: ALL1 of 5
Amazing that he made it to 65 in all honesty. His ailments, some accidental, most self-inflicted were never conducive to long and active twilight years. Great songwriter, knew how to make the most of his voice and his talents. 
To: william (WILLIAMA) 2 of 5
My family plays charades every Christmas and I put in Fairy Tale of New York last year. No one got it which made me sad. Kids these days...   :-/

Im going to put it in again this year!

RIP Mr. McGowan, you had a talent to be envied.
EDITED: 30 Nov 2023 22:49 by INDYLS
To: Linn (INDYLS) 3 of 5
I never saw The Pogues live and to my absolute regret I turned down the chance in 1982 because I was offered an alternative that never materialised. Oh to be wiser then and younger now. 

One of my favourite ever albums Rum, Sodomy & the Lash. One of my favourite singles Fairytale of New York.

To: ALL4 of 5
To: milko 5 of 5
"according to sodden pub patrons doing the math on Smithwick’s coasters"

Here in the colonies we had Gord Downey, The Barstool Bard. Pretty sure the Hip's repertoire was augmented by other substances-abuse.

I should scare up some Pogues tracks and see what the fuss is about.

... ok now I remember their cover of Waltzing Matilda, a banger that got some airplay here. Other than that, solidly in the Celtic-folk-punk-rock genre which, outside of certain Celtic ghettos in NA (notably NYC, I guess), didn't gain a lot of traction; probably not going to venture down that rabbit hole in my declining years.
EDITED: 4 Dec 2023 15:10 by DSMITHHFX