Deliverance (1972)

To: ALL1 of 6
(Disclaimer: earlier today, I posted a screen shot from this film in connection with the passing of Prince Phillip. To the best of my knowledge, no royals have been apprehended roaming the back country of Georgia, raping and murdering tourists. It is possible, however, that at some future date, remains will be found at the bottom of a man-made lake. There's also Prince Andrew to consider.)

This is the second in MrsD.'s Burt Reynolds film series. I first took this one in at its original theatrical release with an art school class while shitfaced drunk, and may/not have subsequently rewatched it on the small screen, if so quite a while ago.

So not remembering a lot about it for this viewing on our new home big screen.

The scenery is pretty cool, recalling childhood trips to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 2 of 6
I've never seen it. Should I watch it?
To: koswix 3 of 6
definitely yes.
To: koswix 4 of 6
I dunno. It has nice scenery and some nastiness. I suppose it's kind of a horror film.
To: koswix 5 of 6
It is well worth it. 

I saw it for the first time fairly recently, going in with the concrete knowledge that banjos feature, and not a whole lot more. 

The scenes the movie is more well known for (sans banjo) were a shock and I didn't expect the level of tension throughout. 
To: graphitone 6 of 6
I honestly thought there would be mosquitos.