Westworld Season 1 (2016) TWR

To: ALL4 of 8
Watched two more eps. This (also by Crichton) is leaving the big screen Jurassic franchise in the dust.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 5 of 8
Did you watch the movie? If so, how does this compare? 
I watched the movie about 40 years ago, with a bottle of vodka and a girlfriend I was very fond of at the time (it was on the telly - no videos or dvds back then). We were so tense that we nearly died when some eejit rang the doorbell.
I've put off watching this series. Different times. Different expectations. Married now - grown up kids. Eejits don't call unexpectedly at 10:00 in the evening.
To: ALL6 of 8
Nope, haven't seen the movie, though I'm keen to. The series has a lot of thoughtful stuff, interspersed with extreme violence (example: park employee attempts to behead a deactivated droid so's he can bring it back to the lab, droid wakes up, clambors out the hole it fell into and proceeds to bash in own head with a boulder. Oh yeah, the droids bleed copiously.). Supposedly Season 2 is a fail according to MrsD's research.
EDITED: 7 Oct 2019 21:07 by DSMITHHFX
To: ALL7 of 8
MrsD. has bravely soldiered through countless scenes of android mayhem, beheadings, dismemberments and disembowelments, we're down to the season one finale, which we might delay for a day or three else she chucks the tv off the balcony. Not sure how much credit Crichton deserves, but this is way above his usual in terms of depth and subtlety (apart from the mayhem, obviously).
To: ALL8 of 8
And done. Nothing to add except, "wow."

Anthony Hopkins' character: suicide by android.

Season two set up as: the revenge of the androids.