resigning with untaken leave

To: ANT_THOMAS 6 of 12
I think they've only given gardening leave to a couple of people they made redundant (which they weren't, and that was the point the company started going downhill).

There is zero chance of them offering gardening leave to me.

I haven't mentioned it at all yet - I had a notice letter printed and was planning to yesterday but there was no opportunity to get my manager alone.

I've used part of my outstanding leave to book the first week of October, so effectively it would have been three weeks notice, and I'm not sure how he'll react on Monday.

To: Linn (INDYLS) 7 of 12
Thanks Linn, I hadn't considered that angle.

Since the company provides a Death in Service thing, which I assume is some form of life insurance, they may well get lower premiums if I'm not an employee sooner.

If there were company benefits I used (e.g. cheaper gym membership) then the second option might be worthwhile, but otherwise I can't think of any reason not to stick with the first option - seems cleaner for both parties.

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 8 of 12
Still four weeks notice. You're still employed during that annual leave week. Just email it to your manager and HR and be done with it.
To: ANT_THOMAS 9 of 12
I'd rather do it face to face, but I've just sent an email to my manager asking them to book a meeting room on Monday so we can talk.

Thanks. :)

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 10 of 12
Looking forward to the new job?
To: ANT_THOMAS 11 of 12
I'm taking a bit of a break instead, but yes very much looking forward to not being constantly stressed as well as the opportunity to focus on my photography.
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 12 of 12
Speak to your union rep.