Outcast 2nd Contact FREE on humble thru tomorrow

To: ALL1 of 10
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/outcast-second-contact

Graphics soooo bad, they're good!

This actually looks kind of fun. I hope the trailer isn't too jizzed up.

EDITED: 22 Nov 2018 20:59 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 2 of 10
Fuck me! Do you remember 'first contact' with its voxel magic and strangely empty world?
To: Manthorp 3 of 10
Ulukai? Ulukai, it is you!

Such an impressive game in so many ways, and also how the voxels meant that even if you did have a shiny graphics card (3DFX back then maybe?) you'd still get shit framerates.

I heard pretty bad things about this remake, but for the price of free, I'm in.
To: Manthorp 4 of 10
I never even heard of it. Trailer reminds me of original Star Trek series crap FX.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 5 of 10
It's very old.

To: Manthorp 6 of 10
Yeah, I watched the trailer for the original first and almost decided to pass on it, but the sequel looked way better (though still pretty lame). When that came out I was playing Mac games such as Bungee's Marathon. Then I got a job where I had a pc with a TNT card and started playing Tribes at work. That was a fun multiplayer game because of all the crazy cheats. I had too much lag to get into CQB so I hung on the periphery with a laser sniper rifle. I went by the nicks "backshooter" and "Elvis" (typing "Thank you, thank you very much!" into the running dialog console whenever I killed or got killed). Once in a while some dudes would come looking for me and I'd have to run waaaay out, often getting lost.
EDITED: 23 Nov 2018 14:15 by DSMITHHFX
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 7 of 10
I feel a new thread coming on.
To: Manthorp 8 of 10
The first game I remember playing that used Voxels was Vangers. Some strange top down driving/racing game. Can't remember what you actually had to do in it though.
To: Chris (CHRISSS) 9 of 10
Oh, I think that was a proper example of Russian weirdness. I never did get to play it though. Delta Force was another voxelly game I think, and Comanche something-or-other helicopters. 
To: milko 10 of 10
I didn't realise it was a Russian game. Looking at some videos it's more weird than I remember. I think I tried it out multiplayer too. Can't remember if it was split screen, or on a LAN.