Mid-terms

To: ALL1 of 5
Anyone going to be watching or following the vote? Seeing the news today it looks like a massive surge in voters from the election two years previously. The house of representatives could go the democrats way and I think Kentucky is the first state to declare around 11pm UK time.
To: graphitone 2 of 5
I'll be watching very closely.

Seeing's how we're so close to the US...
EDITED: 6 Nov 2018 23:30 by DSMITHHFX
Attachments:
To: graphitone 3 of 5
I don't think I coulda faced watching it even if I wasn't way too busy to be able to sacrifice the sleep. But as it happens, I don't have any TV or internet at home right now which makes it easy to avoid.

The results seem to have been pretty much on par with expectations? A smallish sliver of hope maybe but probably not, right?
To: milko 4 of 5
Well, I think getting the Senate majority was always a pipe dream, but making gains and taking the majority in the house of representatives is significant for the Democrats, even if Trump is spinning it as a personal victory. I stayed up til about 1am this morning watching the BBC coverage on news 24. It was typical of the journalism when the media cover this sort of slow burning event; lots of journos repeating the same things in different ways, asking the same questions to the same people over and over and then a peak and trough effect when a piece of genuinely interesting data or event happens. :\

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 5 of 5
Wow, who knew that the entire US is recursively stored in the north west of Kansas.