Star Trek Collectables

To: william (WILLIAMA) 7 of 11
He seems to like cats as well.

Find out which series/captain is his favourite, and in which aspect(s) is his interest strongest - the universe/setting, the technology, the characters, the story, etc?

There are plenty of more practical Trekkie-themed items available - for example stackable Enterprise coasters, a Star Trek cookbook, a biography of his favourite character, Star Trek themed Monopoly, and if he really does like cats...

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 8 of 11
He does like cats.

Come to think of it, he likes Battlestar Galactica (both series). Maybe something from one of those.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 9 of 11
Not sure if he'd care, but those new models are at a different scale to the older ones so might look odd as part of the same collection.

Also: How fecking much?!? 8-O
To: koswix 10 of 11
Well, yes. That's something I've been wondering. A shitty little lump of badly cast iron with a 10p plastic stand, marginally better than drops out of a Christmas cracker, costs nearly £35. Then there's the Battlestar Galactica stuff. A Plastic construction kit of the kind I used to make as a kid now costs £20 to £30 unless you get the slightly larger USian one at £77+

I just thought that as Discovery is new and all that it might be fun.

For the cost of a full magazine subscription I could get him a ticket to Toronto and a tour of the studios where it's made - Hmm. Mr. Smith could put him up, perhaps.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 11 of 11
It's a lovely time of year to visit...