Saudi Aramco IPO

To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 17 of 25
Don't think I have the cajones for that.
To: Manthorp 18 of 25
You just need the right anesthetic

To: ALL19 of 25
It occurred to me that since Aramco is essentially a portion of the SA govt, then when you purchase a share of stock in Aramco:
- You are essentially purchasing a share of stock in Saudi Arabia
- The country is in heavy negative cash flow for a while - and apparently for some time to come
- Not sure if it is a good thing or not, but their solution to a cash flow problem appears to have been to round up anyone with significant money and influence and "jail them" and their families in a hotel.
- SA is also in the middle of several wars and appears to be itching to get into another one.

Not sure that this is really a great investment.  Certainly outside of my risk / reward level.
To: Harry (HARRYN) 20 of 25
Saudi Arabia is fucked in all kinds of ways. OTOH, Brent crude just went to $64.
To: Harry (HARRYN) 21 of 25
Doesn't buying shares in Aramco mean you're paying the UK+US arms industry for ISIS's weapons and helping out the criminally abusive SA government.

Why the fuck would anyone want to do that?

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 22 of 25
To: Harry (HARRYN) 23 of 25
Many major governments are operating a budget deficit.

They've been running a very large surplus for many years which I believe now means cash in the bank. Obviously it relies heavily on the price of oil being above the breakeven point. Which seems to be around $74 for them.

Not just SA in the middle of many wars, but it does seem very involved in a lot of conflict at the moment.
To: ANT_THOMAS 24 of 25
Depends on what you mean by "break even", their production costs are ~$10 a barrel presumably the rest is to underwrite the princely lifestyle

http://money.cnn.com/2015/11/24/news/oil-prices-production-costs/index.html
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 25 of 25
Looks like the characters "short-term illusion of" have done a Tory from your image.
EDITED: 9 Nov 2017 22:32 by BOUGHTONP