Windows 10 Family blocking chrome

To: ALL1 of 5
Anyone use the Family thing on Microsoft accounts?

Kiddo's account is set up as a child to my account. This let's me share my Xbox live subscription, purchased games etc on the Xbox. Great.

Now for Windows 10 on his new laptop. Added his account to sign in. When I try to launch Chrome, it pops up a message saying Chrome needs permission from an adult with a button to send an email for permission. Click the button, my account gets a notification and I click allow. Nothing changes on the laptop, no notification, quit and relaunch Chrome and it asks for permission again.

I've unrestricted his account in every way I can see on the Family account settings, but so far the only way to get Chrome working is to remove him from the family all together. Not the best solution as per the above benefits on xbox etc., but we'd certainly save a lot on food and shoes.
To: koswix 2 of 5
It'll be something really obscure and difficult to diagnose such as trusted installer failing to correctly set permissions on a particular registry key. 

HTH.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 3 of 5
Removed him from the family, removed all accounts except a local admin account. Installed Chrome through that, then added his account back in. Checked Chrome was working on his account (it was) then added him back to the family. Seems to have fixed it, for now at least.
EDITED: 9 Aug 2017 18:12 by KOSWIX
To: koswix 4 of 5
Glad I was able to help.

The web is full of people with Microsoft Family Accounts problems and seems to have been for several years. I hadn't even heard of them until your post.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 5 of 5
I wasn't aware of them in the context of windows, but it's handy for sharing stuff on the Xbox. Allows him to have his own account, save games, friends list etc but not have to buy all the downloaded content separately (or have a separate Xbox live subscription etc).

It also let's me set how long and when he can play, who has is great when I'm feeling mean :'D