Best Anti-Virus Software for Malware Protection

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 4 of 10
For Flash, I recommend the FlashBlock extension for Firefox/Pale Moon. Blocks Flash by default on all sites, but you can either whitelist a site, or allow a specific control to play if you want. Hence, it's not too annoying if you do need to allow on a specific site.
To: Dave!! 5 of 10
What does that give that the browser built-in click-to-play plus uMatrix doesn't provide?
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 6 of 10
I use Pale Moon which doesn't have "click to play". Must admit, I've not tried uMatrix, might have to give that a try...

And, I've tried it. Looks interesting, but the main thing that FlashBlock does give is simplicity. A simple Flash icon that turns into a "play" icon when you hover over it. Click, and that Flash element loads and plays.
To: Dave!! 7 of 10
> I use Pale Moon which doesn't have "click to play"

It did (in about:config only), but apparently it keeps getting broken in recent versions, so people have resorted to extensions like FlashBlock. Meh.

To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 8 of 10
Doesn't really bother me. One tiny extension and the issue is solved. uMatrix is interesting, but it has the downside of breaking most sites without a lot of fiddling to configure it properly. FlashBlock is a lot less powerful, but does work rather more simply overall.
To: Dave!! 9 of 10
It's easy enough to allow common frameworks/CDNs across all sites (and then use Decentraleyes to use local copies instead). Anything which breaks after that deserves further attention.
To: ALL10 of 10
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and safety recommendations. I would surely look into them. More suggestions are also welcome.