Nintendo Switch

To: ALL1 of 16
Anyone got one then? Much more than I did the WiiU I really fancy one of these and by all accounts Zelda is another masterpiece. 
On the other hand my Steam pile of shame is already pretty vast and I don't really commute in a way that'd get the most out of it either. So I haven't taken the plunge. Kinda waiting for my kid to be a couple of years older so I can get this stuff 'for him'.
To: milko 2 of 16
Really a bit pissed off. Having bought a Wii U a few years back. Obviously Nintendo couldn't force 3rd party games companies to develop for it, but their own lack of support was abysmal. Off to collect a copy of 'breath of the wild' in a couple of minutes, for Wii U. Personally I think Nintendo should have been obliged to give a complementary copy to all Wii U owners.

Unlikely to get a switch unless I'm convinced that the selection of games in my local store is more than a couple of second hand copies of Boo Boo's Magic All Star Custard Skateboard Splash. 
EDITED: 7 Mar 2017 16:46 by WILLIAMA
To: william (WILLIAMA) 3 of 16
That sounds like a brilliant game idea.

Reckon I'll look again at this come first price cut. Nintendo consoles seem great candidates for buying late and hoovering up some absolute classics on the cheap. Somewhat less so for having a regular and frequent stream of good stuff throughout its life.
To: ALL4 of 16
Has anyone of you used or bought the Nintendo Switch? If yes do you recommend a buy.
To: gracia (GRACEINC) 5 of 16
Have you looked at it? I think a lot of people will be waiting for recommendations before going ahead. Personally, I really like the Nintendo style of adventure/platform gaming (I'm too many hours into Zelda breath of the wild at the moment) but as I said earlier, I was burned by buying the Wii U and I'd rather see what games appear for it. It looks nice and sparkly, but it's over £300 with a game.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 6 of 16
Have you looked at it? I think a lot of people will be waiting for recommendations before going ahead. Personally, I really like the Nintendo style of adventure/platform gaming (I'm too many hours into Zelda breath of the wild at the moment) but as I said earlier, I was burned by buying the Wii U and I'd rather see what games appear for it. It looks nice and sparkly, but it's over £300 with a game.

That is the reservation i have too considering the price. No doubt they have done a good console what seems from the teaser video, have not checked in flesh as yet. But price is a big factor to me. 

To: milko 7 of 16
I have one, enjoying Zelda, don't usually like most Nintendo games though our two boys (4&7) love the wii U.

Play it when the missus insists I spend time in the same room as her & have been playing it in downtime on skiing hols. It may well go in a box post Zelda, but perhaps Skyrim will draw me out for another playthrough.

To: milko 8 of 16
I got a Switch. Mario Odyssey is incredible. (I also have Mario Kart and Golf Story)
To: milko 9 of 16
My lady friend bought one. Should arrive tomorrow. Quite excited. :-)
To: All 10 of 16
Got my one last week. Already have Zelda, Splatoon 2, Sonic Mania, Mario Kart and Minecraft.
Will probably get Mario Odyssey and Skyrim before the end of the year.
Very pleased with it so far.
To: Voltane 11 of 16
Mario Odyssey is sooooo good. My favourite Mario since 64.
To: ALL12 of 16
Looking at maybe getting gift vouchers from work for xmas .

Is this something that would serve the same role as a Wii in terms of a 6 year old and a 3 year old being able to play stuff with mum and dad?

Cheers

Fozza
To: Fozza (FOZZA101) 13 of 16
It's not as motion-controlled as the Wii, and as yet there's not really a 'Wii Sports' equivalent. Think the 3 year old would struggle. On the other hand MK8 Deluxe has settings that make it almost autopilot which is good for kids.
To: milko 14 of 16
Humm good advise. 

So there are no party games for it? 

To: Fozza (FOZZA101) 15 of 16
there's a few, snipperclips (new version incoming) is meant to be good. I've not looked much into it yet tbh.
To: Fozza (FOZZA101) 16 of 16
nintendolife.com is pretty good as a resource for what is out there.