Win 10 Updates

To: ALL1 of 7
Had a little pop up message (bottom right corner of screen) that Windows had failed to install an update. Opened update centre and did a check for updates. It said it had found one and would install it at a suggested time, at a time of my choice or now. I wasn't doing much so I opted for now.

Bit puzzled by the ginormous process that was kicked off, but about 40 minutes later I realised it had re-installed Windows 10. Logs all cleared out, Updates history says no updates installed yet, messages promised exciting new features.

No harm done as far as I can tell. Anybody else heard of this happening (apart from just now)?
To: william (WILLIAMA) 2 of 7
That's the Fall Update, essentially windows 10.1 or whatever you want to call it. Lots of bug fixes and UI tweaks.

MS is moving to a much faster upgrade cycle, like Chrome or FF. Seems sensible for a browser, not sure how it's going to work for Windows though.
To: koswix 3 of 7
Interesting. Haven't kept an eye on what they're up to although I thought there was a big update in November.

To: william (WILLIAMA) 4 of 7
That's the same thing, yes. There aren't really any exciting new features.
To: william (WILLIAMA) 5 of 7
This is November as far as MS's phased roll out is concerned. Also the original update was pulled because it reset your privacy settings and people were (rightly) a bit pissed off.
To: milko 6 of 7
I wouldn't know, I'm still waiting for it :((
To: ALL7 of 7
Must give our w10 test box in the corner a poke on my way by one of these days and see what it's got up to.