Dump Trump

To: Lucy (X3N0PH0N) 201 of 207
I've got him ignored for those exact reasons. It's too much like reasoning with one of the arsey kids I have to deal with day in, day out.
To: ALL202 of 207
There's a great article on Trump's Scottish golf course donnybrook in the Globe and Mail. Online unfortunately paywalled, I'll have to manually post some choice quotes later. Yeah, his reputation precedes him.
To: johngti_mk-ii 203 of 207
You have me on ignore because you can't take opposing points of view.
To: fixrman 204 of 207
John teaches school kids, and thus regularly has to put up with unpolished turds who think they are always right and that calling someone a wanker is clever.

In the classroom he doesn't have the choice of pressing a button to making whining go away, though perhaps he does at least have the consolation there that some of them might learn.

EDITED: 7 May 2016 22:56 by BOUGHTONP
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 205 of 207
Exactly PB and very clearly explained. Bet he still doesn't get it though.
To: fixrman 206 of 207
Channeling Trump isn't the same as having a point of view.
To: ALL207 of 207
Fixerman - I see the same exact thing that you are talking about on the forum here in CA.  People claim to be open minded, but really just want to convince you that they are right and their logic is more sound than yours.

Politics are not science or mathematics with real proofs, they are either:
- Personal opinion based on their own viewpoint and experiences
- Taking a position because you are paid to take that viewpoint

For the most part, arguing about politics is not that useful because hardly anyone changes their mind.  It is only slightly more useful than arguing about religion.

It is unfortunate though that it is difficult to post "political opinions" on this forum without being attacked in a personal way.

I can imagine that it is difficult for a people in a country with a monarchy and parliament approach to governance to understand the US system.  (nor the reverse) It is unlikely that they can really grasp which portions of what politicians "say" are likely to happen, vs just "ideas".  

Unlike some political systems, there is so much inertia built into the US system that no one person can really have all that much effect.  It is this inertia that pretty much allows anyone who can make it to an office and not mess things up too much during their tenure.

Obviously I have my own viewpoints, but I think many people are over reacting to what would happen if Trump were President.  In spite of the media fear mongering, the relationships with the UK and most countries would be quite good.

The only country that will potentially take a hit will be China, and that is their own fault for being reckless and being run like a mafia.