"Revenge" in Leytonstone

To: ALL1 of 56
So, I guess it is on now, tragedy/terror striking in East London.

Quote: 

Man arrested, heard shouting 'this is for Syria,' in stabbing attack in London tube station

A man was arrested Saturday after allegedly stabbing and seriously injuring one commuter and leaving two others with minor injuries while being heard shouting "this is for Syria" inside a London tube station, Sky News reported.

To: fixrman 2 of 56
It's a shame this will get a ridiculous amount of coverage in the media compared to other stabbings. One idiot being idiotic.
To: ANT_THOMAS 3 of 56
My biggest takeaway is that apparently it really is a lot harder to commit terrorism with knives as opposed to guns. Maybe someone should tell the Americans.
To: Dan (HERMAND) 4 of 56
Definitely, I imagine if there were guns available it would have been a mass shooting. Obviously there would have been the counter-argument that a bystander with a gun could have stopped it, but not before multiple people had died. Whereas no one has died in this incident.
To: ANT_THOMAS 5 of 56
Interesting log reduction in deaths from terrorist attacks lately. Judging by the maths we're pretty much safe now.
To: ANT_THOMAS 6 of 56
Quote: 
this will get a ridiculous amount of coverage in the media compared to other stabbings.

Comparatively yes - but because of what he said: "This is for Syria!" I think the action shows he is being just a tad bit more than idiotic.

I see in another post that we should give up our guns in America now. Probably right, for all we have to do to thwart terrorism now is to shout back, "You ain't no Muslim, bruv!" at any and all attackers. This will induce shame in the attacker; he (or she, now) and will naturally assume a submissive posture, drop their weapon (be it a knife, machete, gun or atlatl) and willingly surrender to authorities.

In watching the video, it seems to take quite a long time for the police to decide to use the Taser.

To: Dan (HERMAND) 7 of 56
Tell that to the three, as I am sure they feel exceedingly lucky.
To: Dan (HERMAND) 8 of 56
92% of mass shootings occur in gun-free zones, according to the CPRC (Crime Prevention Research Center).
To: fixrman 9 of 56
the people doing the shooting don't seem to worry too much about that. Perhaps you should make it harder for people to obtain guns? I daresay our Leytonstone nutter would have use a gun if he could. Nobody/no country is perfect but it might still be worth trying our best.
EDITED: 6 Dec 2015 14:43 by MILKO
To: fixrman 10 of 56
You lot really don't get it, do you?

Do you know when the last terrorist shooting in the UK, was?
To: Dan (HERMAND) 11 of 56
When the cops shot that Brazilian electrician?
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 12 of 56
That was a simple case of mistaken identity when they shot Charles De Menezes.

They were actually after his brother, Denis.
To: koswix 13 of 56
(fail)

It took me a good twenty seconds to get that  :-$
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 14 of 56
I'm not sure the police (employed servants upholding the law) can be classed as terrorists. :C
To: graphitone 15 of 56
Maybe not officially. The summary execution of the wrong man in that case, the killing of Mark Duggan, the protester kettling, and data snooping stuff is all pretty terrifying though!
To: milko 16 of 56
Quote: 
the people doing the shooting don't seem to worry too much about that. Perhaps you should make it harder for people to obtain guns? I daresay our Leytonstone nutter would have use a gun if he could.

People doing shooting - mass or whatever - rarely worry about anything but themselves and the voices in their heads.

It should be difficult to buy guns, but you are going to have to get mental health reporting through, and obamacare certainly is a big roadblock to that - and even has created a gap in mental health coverage.

I support tighter gun sales and ownership.

To: graphitone 17 of 56
I'm not sure executing suspects is part of the police' legal remit. At least, I'd like to think it isn't in syphilized countries.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 18 of 56
Yeah, I was speaking generally, in that specific case it was a tragic outcome.

Hmm, the fact that I'm terming it a 'tragic' outcome kinda speaks volumes. I expect the police ask questions first and leave the shooting until last.
To: graphitone 19 of 56
:D
To: fixrman 20 of 56
Apparently about 4% of murders in the US are committed by people with "severe mental illness". Maybe it's the diagnosis that isn't happening, but I assume people charged with murder are evaluated for such things as part of the process. Seems like that is something that needs addressing but it's far from the only thing, then.

Is this info legit?

Y'all need a lot less guns.
EDITED: 7 Dec 2015 18:08 by MILKO