Choose your planet or planets!

To: ALL1 of 22

If technology permitted it, which planets would you choose to visit or live on for a time?

13 users and 4 guests have voted.
Warning: This is a public ballot. Your name will be visible next to the option you vote for.
To: ALL2 of 22
I've often wondered, if technology really allowed us to live long enough, and go anywhere in space, how many people would choose to leave Earth?

Where would most of these people go?

Would they just visit for a while, or would they actually take up permanent residence on another planet?

What would influence their choice of a particular planet for a home verses just visiting?

Our physical lifespans are so limited. In the grand scheme of things, we really don't get to see or experience much. If technology could help us live long enough, and travel far enough, how many of us would take advantage of the new opportunities?

Me, personally, I'd like to see them all, then maybe go beyond and really see what is out there beyond our little corner in the universe. See it with my very own eyes, and not just hope some special effects person on TV got something right.

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 3 Aug 2015 20:32
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 3 of 22
We can't vote for more than one, because this is not that sort of poll.

But Earth is OK for me, but without the annoying people. I'd send those fuckers to Pluto.
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 4 of 22
If I could go anywhere, I'd go to your anus (Uranus).
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 5 of 22
I'd vote for some of the more interesting moons, say Io or Europa. Somewhere with a bit of activity going on.
To: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 6 of 22
When I tried to set it to multiple answers it said I couldn't set a public poll to multiple answers, then it wouldn't let me vote or post to Matt about it. Not sure what is going on, but I let him know via PM.

I think I'd like to visit them all, then just go out and explore everywhere I could.

I'm nosy that way. :)
EDITED: 4 Aug 2015 01:19 by CYBATRON
To: koswix 7 of 22
Quote: 
If I could go anywhere, I'd go to your anus (Uranus).

You're not invited. :P

I'd want to go see everything everywhere. :)

To: graphitone 8 of 22
Can you imagine if you had thousands of years to explore the universe? Don't think it would ever happen, but I think it would be really cool. :)
To: ALL9 of 22
I like planet earth. The others all seem dodgy.
To: CHYRON (DSMITHHFX) 10 of 22
Make you nervous do they? lol
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 11 of 22
When the space shuttle Challenger disaster occurred on January 28, 1986 all the women at work had the attitude "well, that's then end of that then, who would go up in another one now?" - all the men said "me, I'd go tomorrow".

To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 12 of 22
I've gone for 'Other'...mostly because some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn seem more interesting and active than at least the rocky planets. I'm talking Titan, Ganymede, Europa....
To: JonCooper 13 of 22
Do they work with their girlfriends and/or wives? lol
To: Queeg 500 (JESUSONEEZ) 14 of 22
I'd want to see as much of everything as I possibly could in our own solar system, then head out and check out other neighborhoods.

When it comes to exploring something that interests me, I'm a nosy old woman. lol
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 15 of 22
I refuse to answer any poll that includes Pluto whilst excluding Ceres, Eris, Haumea and Makemake. :C
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 16 of 22
Well then you're either a 'All of them, then I want to go someplace else', or you're a 'Other. Please explain. :)'.

When I went to school they said there were nine planets. Now they say there are eight, and dwarf planets were never even mentioned. If you count the dwarf planets in with the bigger ones, it does kind of make you wonder just how many planets are really out there in our little system.

Are they sure they got them all? :)
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 17 of 22
They're certain they haven't got them all - there are other bodies which have been discovered but not yet classified, because they don't have confirmation of the requisite data.
To: DeannaG (CYBATRON) 18 of 22
I don't think any were couples, it just seemed a very clear gender divide 
To: Peter (BOUGHTONP) 19 of 22
It would be really interesting to know just how much is actually out there. Don't you think? :)
To: JonCooper 20 of 22
Ah, then no one trying to escape the heat at home. I suppose that is good. :)