Legal advice-medo

To: ANT_THOMAS 17 of 23
Maybe in the coming future you can sell the house and use what you get to buy something in an area you do want, and make a fresh start for yourself. :)
To: MrTrent 18 of 23
This is exactly what I was looking for, thanks.

I had read things that said she had no rights and that she did have rights. The constructive trust bit was very useful.

I'll definitely be getting a document sorted for that. I was thinking a family member each to sign as witness.
To: Manthorp 19 of 23
I feel I am doing the decent thing so I'm comfortable with that.

I'm just glad I've got parents who don't mind bailing out their kids when the shit hits the fan!
To: ANT_THOMAS 20 of 23
May be different here, but I very much doubt it - get it signed off legally or she can come back on you later if she starts feeling that you were unfair at some point in the future. I've had friends who thought everything was sorted fairly,  to everyone's satisfaction,  then a few years later a lawyers letter demanding more.  Better to spend a few dollars (pounds) and be sure that cannot happen.
To: Linn (INDYLS) 21 of 23
There's legalese stuff that if you leave it out/get it wrong on a DIY job, you basically got nothing.
To: ANT_THOMAS 22 of 23
(hug)
To: ANT_THOMAS 23 of 23
Bah :( sorry to hear that!

Sounds like you've had the most useful advice already, so I'm just here with manly consolation. And drinks, if we somehow meet.