Long Range view....

To: ALL1 of 35
Greetings fellow pheasants, from the other end of the planet, where distance lends incredible perspective, just one or two initial observations on teh Forum and the beehive program:

the forum participants all appear to be severely mentally disturbed and reminiscent of "beyond the frig". I'm sure I can fit in quite well if I can ever think of something to say, with the exception of The Parrot.

However, for some time I'm going to be involved with trying to establish an all-new, all singing and dancing Website in vibrant new he-man colours, all thanks to the discovery of this oh so sensible Forum format, obviously conceived and designed by non-teenagers.

For some years now I have endeavoured to be catholic in my attitude towards website design programs and have proudly resisted WordPress for most of the time. (A very difficult thing to do for somebody who is "severely geekness-challenged".)

Then came the Light  - in the form of Concrete5, no, not the building stuff, but a weirdly named Website construction program that is the ideal partner for someone as "laid-back" as I.

In the words of that immortal California Governor:  "I'll be back".

APPROVED: 7 Mar 2015 00:00 by MATT
To: himagain 2 of 35
Tea?
To: koswix 3 of 35
"Tea?"
Another sad thing.... I gave up drinking coffee because it was killing me - (caffeine addict) moved to the UK for a year or two, got forced into the Social Tea addiction, then found out that my favourite brand/blend had more caffeine in it than coffee......
Namaste!

Oh, BTW, forget Earl Grey et al, go find Ulong tea......

APPROVED: 7 Mar 2015 08:59 by MATT
To: koswix 4 of 35
Bastard! Offered him tea, didn't you?
To: ALL5 of 35
To all,
Why the gigantic odd signatures that appear here?
Jest askin'

I've been trying to find out how to ban/limit images on a SERIOUS G+ page of mine .........
(I don't even like cute animals.)
Actually, I don't even like humourless people - actually most people........

I'm going to use Teh on my new world-enlightening project and I would like to find a way of limiting the size of graphics of any kind on it.
 (rar)
APPROVED: 7 Mar 2015 08:59 by MATT
To: ALL6 of 35
Spam. Edit: not. flumoxxed by the cms plug. Always gets my back up. Sorry.
EDITED: 7 Mar 2015 16:05 by DSMITHHFX
To: himagain 7 of 35
What tea was that? I've been wondering recently what the tea with the highest caffeine content is.
To: graphitone 8 of 35
Don't even ask me.... I've been on the wagon for  decades and only drink "pretend" coffee now :-<
But any upmarket Chinese Restaurateur can introduce you to the many special teas....

APPROVED: 7 Mar 2015 13:04 by MATT
To: himagain 9 of 35
I suppose you might be talking about mine. Mine comes from the days of PC Mag/Extreme Tech. There was a forum member (Sethness) there who made signatures for folks, often free-hand artistic drawrings. What you see is an iteration of that because unfortunately Seth stopped making sigs - or perhaps he just didn't like me.  :-P We were limited to the height and weight of the image; this style/size was considered the largest one could go and be within acceptable limits. It isn't graphics intensive and loads quickly even on a dialup connection.

You can not allow or disallow signatures of you want or just allow text signatures. Sounds a bit boring to me, but they aren't my monkees, not my circus. Signatures are fairly common within a forum as are avatars. Apparently you have no problem with pixelated emoticons, something I find a bit odd, but...

From: 99% of gargoyles look like (MR_BASTARD) 7 Mar 2015 16:06
To: himagain 10 of 35
...and any upmarket Chinese hooker can introduce you to the many specialties!

Welcome. Forget the tea, it's almost beer o'clock. (beer)
To: himagain 11 of 35
Hola! You can turn signatures off in your "My Controls" area.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 12 of 35
He's gone a bit quiet. You must have scared him off. {{{Ken}}}
To: graphitone 13 of 35
Damn!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 14 of 35
I actually suspect he's not reappeared due to the lack of biscuit offers.
To: graphitone 15 of 35
Every time I see that I think of dog food.  That's what we call dog treats over here.  Maybe he thought you wanted him to eat pig ears and bark!
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 16 of 35
I think it is doughnut boy.  (info)
To: fixrman 17 of 35
No one forced you to eat donut! 
To: himagain 18 of 35
You've got the wrong place. We're mostly quail and partridge here.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 19 of 35
Donut forced me to eat donut.
To: Ken (SHIELDSIT) 20 of 35
I thought you thought biscuits were those wheel like things you had with gravy?

We have a similar thing to you re. the dog treats. We call them dog biscuits. I know it's a complex idea, but doesn't half help to differentiate things by putting the name of the thing the thing belongs to before it.

Helmets are ubiquitous, but a policeman's helmet becomes specific.

Everyone has fingernails, but Dave's fingernails belong to him.

Flatulence abounds, but PB's farts are a personal thing.